Accordingly the controversial rail infrastructure project connecting Hubballi in north Karnataka and the port of Ankola through the eco-sensitive Western Ghats has come to life again, under curious circumstances. Meanwhile the project, originally proposed two decades ago, was put on the backburner after getting a thumb down from the National Tiger Conservation Authority.
Furthermore it has made to the list of agendas of the Karnataka State Wildlife Board meeting on January 9, which has alarmed environmental activists. Reportedly the meeting, as per protocol, will be chaired by Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy and it is being speculated that the government is keen on the project, even though the Railways seems reluctant to pursue it.
Moreover TNM has learnt Forest Minister Satish Jarkiholi has been briefed by top forest officials, who highlighted the environmental damage the project will cause to the local habitat. Accordingly Manjunath J, founder of the Wilderness Club told TNM, “The Railway ministry backed off from the project only last week, where more than two lakh trees are to be felled and if the State Wildlife Board gives the go-ahead, we will fight it out again in the Supreme Court. Global warming is at its peak and natural disasters having become as common as the flu.”
BJP Cheap Trick to Defeat Rahul Gandhi in Wayanad Congress President Rahul Gandhi’s decision to contest Lok Sabha polls from Wayanad in Kerala drew the attention of the country to the constituency. Rahul is already contesting from his Amethi constituency against Smriti Irani. But then, Rahul Gandhi is up against four other Gandhis who contested for the same seat.
- AP IAS Association Sensing Chandrababu Coming to Power
- Bengaluru, the cheapest Asian City!
- 50:50 chances of Priyanka Gandhi contesting from Varanasi: Sources
- Janasena Damaged TDP in 35 Seats?
- After 14 years this Coimbatore Govt School gets power supply
- Congres Vijender Singh flexes biceps after being asked on BJPs dhai kilo ka haath
- KCR Does Damage Control in Inter Board Fiasco
- Chandrababu To Unleash Operation Akarsha If Short of Majority
- JKLF chief Yasin Malik sent to judicial custody till May 24, Mehbooba demands release
- Never Ever use FREE WIFI anywhere, It's pretty dangerous
- Actor Dileep asks for Stay in Actress Assault case
- Stampede kills 7 people in TN!
- Denmark's Richest Billionaire lost his Children during Srilanka Blasts
- Husband kills wife and sends photo in Whatsapp!
- #TikTok BAN REMOVED...