Sources from New Delhi stated that the Chief Electoral Commission has said that no election will be held till 19 April except for Tiruparkundaram. Meanwhile the Election Commission announced that it would cancel the Tiruvarur constituency, which was to be held on January 28 and recently the Chief Electoral Commission has clarified why the election was canceled in Tiruvarur.
Reportedly there will not be a by-election in the 19 constituencies, including the rest of Tiruvarur, except for Thiruparankundi. Furthermore the Tamilnadu government has requested not to hold the election till April and the Tamilnadu Chief Secretary Girija Vaidyanathan wrote on December 3 pointing to the storm relief work.
Moreover he requested not to hold the election until April 19, except for Tiruparkundam. Further all party parties have called for a meeting of the party, including the AIADMK, DMK, Kang, BJP, DMDK, MA, Political parties demanded the District Election Officer to postpone the election. As per report the District Electoral Officer stated in a statement that the authorities should be involved in the storm relief work and that the storm affected people did not return to normalcy.
Sakshi Ratings in Election Week Indicate YSR Congress Victory Elections are done and dusted and the Voters' Verdict is sealed in Electronic Voting Machines which will be opened only on May 23rd. The Election Commission even banned the Exit Polls until May 19th which is when the last phase of General Elections will conclude. So, there is absolutely no clue about what is the verdict of the people.
- Good Ratings for Yatra Premiere Worries TDP
- Rapthadu YSRCP MLA as Irrigation Minister and DVR as Speaker?
- Chief Secretary Skips Chandrababu's Review Meetings
- Narendra Modi Saved Chandrababu in IT Grids Case?
- BJP Member says She will change constitution!
- Kamal's apology to buffaloes!
- Kamal Haasan trolled by director!
- 564 wheel chairs used across Nilgiri constituency to help differently-abled voters
- Volunteers encourage people to vote in Mandya
- Tamilnadu recorded 39.49% voting till 1 p.m
- Donald Trump vetoed a bill to end support for Saudi-led war in Yemen
- Tamilnadu records highest voter turnouts among 11 states
- Why IT conducts raids in TN against leaders in opposition to BJP?
- PM Modi calls All Youngsters to polling booths to strengthen democracy
- Tamilnadu interiors to experience heavy rain in next 24 hours