According to a comparative analysis carried out by Calarviate Analytics and the list has been compiled after research work and papers were studied. Reportedly none of the scientists who made it to the list, belong to IISc; IITs or even the Tata Institute of Social Sciences. Dr C.N.R. Rao, who is the adviser to the Scientific Council of the Prime Minister, JNU’s professor of Environmental Sciences Dinesh Mohan, Dr Ashok Pandey of Centre for Scientific and Industrial Research and others from smaller institutes are on the list.
Previously only 5 people could make it to the list and with a cross field category introduced and the number has risen to 10. Meanwhile a senior scientist at IICT explained, “The research ecosystem in terms of methods has to improve. Furthermore the research work must be translated into being of utility for the society.”
Moreover the others who have made it are Dr Rajeev Vashney for his research in agriculture, Dr Avinsh Aggarwal, Dr Alok and Dr Jyoti Mittal who are working on water treatment and green chemistry, Dr Rajnish Kumar who is working on industrial and electric engineering, Dr Sanjeeb Sahoo on nanotechnology and Dr S. Rathinaswamy on applied and computational mathematics.
Why Shashi Tharoor not allowed into Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple in Kerala with PM Modi? New Delhi sources stated that Congress leader Shashi Tharoor alleged that he and other local leaders were not allowed to enter the centuries old Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple in Kerala's capital Thiruvananthapuram during Prime Minister Narendra Modi's visit to Kerala. Reportedly Mr Tharoor, who is the lawmaker from the city, accused the Prime Minister's Office (PMO) of striking their names from the list of people allowed in the temple when the PM was there.
- 2 Young Women decided to contest Telangana Panchayat Polls
- 2.0 s costumes, Robot Models exhibited at Chennai Island Grounds
- Vishal confirms his wedding with Hyderabad based Businessman daughter
- 2 Women who unsuccessfully attempted to enter Sabarimala temple begins hunger strike
- Flight operations at Bengaluru airport to face disruptions from February 14 to 24
- Will YS Jagan accept invitation from KTR in joining Federal Front?
- Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police?
- Mahesh Kathi comes with another controversy with Pawan Kalyan
- Trump ordered American feast of burgers for visiting football team
- Telugu comedian Brahmanandam undergone bypass surgery
- AK Sikri declines joining commonwealth tribunal!
- Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks!
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules