The election commission cancelled planned by-elections for Thiruvarur constituency after the death of former DMK chief Kalaignar M Karunanidhi. The bye elections were earlier planned on January 28 by the election commission.
Already many political parties were already opposing this, asking the cancellation of bye election as the Gaja cyclone relief activities are in progress. DMK, AMMK, Naam Thamizhar announced their candidates for the constituency and campaigned and AIADMK had not announced candidate while BJP demanded the cancellation of bye election.
Earlier the Election commission of India asked for a report from TN election commission about situations in the state, and unexpectedly, the election commission of India ordered the TN election commission to halt all bye-elections related works and this has received mixed response and anger as well from various political parties
Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate Accordingly Finance Minister Arun Jaitley might make a move to the income tax exemption threshold to the salaried, which is as of now Rs 2.5 lakh to Rs 5 lakh, which would be a huge relief to the middle class. Furthermore resuming tax free status for medical expenses and transport allowance, this move is being made to provide relief to this class, which was probably the worst hit by demonetization.
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers
- Chill breeze to prolong for 4 days in Tamilnadu
- DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!
- Viswasam receives police appreciation!
- Ajith fan dies when seeing movie!
- Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster!
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?
- West Zone Party Office opened by Kamal Hassan in Pollachi