Hyderabad sources reported that after serving repeated notices to various restaurants in the city to set up vermicompost units, sleuths of the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) seized the popular 'Bawarchi' restaurant at the RTC 'X' Roads. Earlier on Saturday, the GHMC officials seized four other restaurants Hotel Kohinoor and Hotel Arabian in Moosapet, Green Bawarchi and Hotel Ghumaghumalu in Kukatpally, for not setting up organic waste converting machines.
Musheerabad Deputy Commissioner Uma Prakash, while speaking to media said "We have in the past served notices to several bulk garbage generators to arrange for the compost units inside their restaurants. After repeated notices, we were left with no other choice but to seize them”.
Moreover the said restaurants were set a deadline for 25 December, 2018, to set up the vermicompost units and the restaurant managements were asked to arrange for separation of dry and wet wastes. The official said despite several warnings, the restaurants have been releasing the wastes into the manholes.
Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65% New Delhi sources stated that Telecom operator Reliance Jio reported a jump of 65% in its net profit to Rs 831 crore during the December 2018 quarter, mainly on account of a rise in customer base. Meanwhile the company had recorded a net profit of Rs 681 crore in the corresponding period a year ago.
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers
- Chill breeze to prolong for 4 days in Tamilnadu
- DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!
- Viswasam receives police appreciation!
- Ajith fan dies when seeing movie!
- Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster!
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?