Hyderabad sources reported that Telangana Chief Minister and TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao Tuesday asked the party MPs to seek amendments in the bill proposed by the Centre to provide 10% reservation to the economically backward sections by way of including the demand of the state for quotas for backward Muslims and STs.
Meanwhile in an official press release, Rao said the state legislative assembly had passed a resolution in 2017 providing for 12% reservation for backward Muslims and 10 per cent reservations for STs and had sent it to union government. Furthermore he said this resolution, pending with the Centre, should be introduced in Parliament. Reportedly as the Centre has taken up the issue of reservation, Rao asked the MPs to raise the issue of providing reservation for backward Muslims and STs.
Moreover at present, backward sections among Muslims in the state get four per cent reservation, while the quota for STs is 6%. Perhaps as the increase in quotas would exceed the 50% cap, Rao had urged the Centre to facilitate enhanced reservation in the state by including it in the 9th Schedule of the Constitution as was done in the case of Tamilnadu.
Indian Railways linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites According to sources the Indian Railways has linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites, making it easy to track trains and automatically feed the control charts about the trains arrival and departure. The officials said "A new beginning has been made in the new year: the train movement information is acquired and fed to the control charts using ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) satellite based real time train information system (RTIS) automatically”.
- Jallikattu opening day Festival begins with 500 Bulls in Tamilnadu
- Will Indra Nooyi become World Bank President?
- Yogi Adityanath record spending on festival!
- Supreme Court hearing on Interim CBI chief!
- Is YS Jagan is allying with KCR to form Andhra Drohula Front?
- Indra Nooyi been courted as an administration ally by Ivanka Trump
- How to Copy in Exams? Ad went viral in WhatsApp
- Why Shashi Tharoor not allowed into Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple in Kerala with PM Modi?
- 2 Young Women decided to contest Telangana Panchayat Polls
- 2.0 s costumes, Robot Models exhibited at Chennai Island Grounds
- Vishal confirms his wedding with Hyderabad based Businessman daughter
- 2 Women who unsuccessfully attempted to enter Sabarimala temple begins hunger strike
- Flight operations at Bengaluru airport to face disruptions from February 14 to 24
- Will YS Jagan accept invitation from KTR in joining Federal Front?
- Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police?