Hyderabad sources reported that Telangana Chief Minister and TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao Tuesday asked the party MPs to seek amendments in the bill proposed by the Centre to provide 10% reservation to the economically backward sections by way of including the demand of the state for quotas for backward Muslims and STs.
Meanwhile in an official press release, Rao said the state legislative assembly had passed a resolution in 2017 providing for 12% reservation for backward Muslims and 10 per cent reservations for STs and had sent it to union government. Furthermore he said this resolution, pending with the Centre, should be introduced in Parliament. Reportedly as the Centre has taken up the issue of reservation, Rao asked the MPs to raise the issue of providing reservation for backward Muslims and STs.
Moreover at present, backward sections among Muslims in the state get four per cent reservation, while the quota for STs is 6%. Perhaps as the increase in quotas would exceed the 50% cap, Rao had urged the Centre to facilitate enhanced reservation in the state by including it in the 9th Schedule of the Constitution as was done in the case of Tamilnadu.
Why AP Chief Secretary wanted to speak to all Collectors & SPs? Vijayawada sources stated that with the day of counting barely a month away, Andhra Pradesh chief Secretary LV Subramanyam is set to hold a video conference with District Collectors and SPs from the state Secretariat on Tuesday. Meanwhile, others scheduled to be present at the conference include DGP RP Thakur, Telangana Chief Electoral Officer, Gopalakrishna Dwivedi, Additional DG, Law and Order, Ravishankar Ayyanar, among others.
- 15 transgender persons came to vote for LS elections in Kerala
- Tussle between Revenue department officials & TRS chief KCR has gone worse
- Saudi Arabia beheads 37 citizens convicted of terrorism
- History Maker: Pallonji Mistry - Indian Billionaire and Founder of Shapoorji Pallonji Group
- AP recovers melted Gold of lost from Tirupur Crown theft
- Is Jagan favoured more by punters in the state?
- Death toll in Sri Lanka rises as more Tension prevails
- 100 Turmeric Farmers from Telangana and Tamil Nadu to contest as independent from Varanasi Constituency
- BJP Cheap Trick to Defeat Rahul Gandhi in Wayanad
- AP IAS Association Sensing Chandrababu Coming to Power
- Bengaluru, the cheapest Asian City!
- 50:50 chances of Priyanka Gandhi contesting from Varanasi: Sources
- Janasena Damaged TDP in 35 Seats?
- After 14 years this Coimbatore Govt School gets power supply
- Congres Vijender Singh flexes biceps after being asked on BJPs dhai kilo ka haath