New Delhi sources added the "Constitution Bill, 2019'' was presented in the Rajya Sabha yesterday by Union minister Thawar Chand Gehlot and voting was held yesterday evening. Meanwhile in the Lok Sabha yesterday, the bill had the support of 323 lawmakers, only three lawmakers voted against it.Prime Minister Narendra Modi expressed hope that the bill get similar support in the Rajya Sabha.
Furthermore at a rally in Maharashtra's Solapur yesterday, he said, "The sense of injustice should end. We wanted equality of opportunity". Reportedly the bill, however, exposed rifts within the opposition, which is trying to project a united front to take on the BJP in the national elections late this year. Perhaps Congress, which supported the idea of a joint committee, initially adopted a "wait and watch" policy.
Moreover the bill is expected to benefit a huge section of upper castes including Brahmins, Rajputs (Thakurs), Jats, Marathas, Bhumihars, and several traders belonging to the Kapu and Kamma communities. Hence the economically deprived among the other religions will also benefit.
Indian Railways linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites According to sources the Indian Railways has linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites, making it easy to track trains and automatically feed the control charts about the trains arrival and departure. The officials said "A new beginning has been made in the new year: the train movement information is acquired and fed to the control charts using ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) satellite based real time train information system (RTIS) automatically”.
- Jallikattu opening day Festival begins with 500 Bulls in Tamilnadu
- Will Indra Nooyi become World Bank President?
- Yogi Adityanath record spending on festival!
- Supreme Court hearing on Interim CBI chief!
- Is YS Jagan is allying with KCR to form Andhra Drohula Front?
- Indra Nooyi been courted as an administration ally by Ivanka Trump
- How to Copy in Exams? Ad went viral in WhatsApp
- Why Shashi Tharoor not allowed into Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple in Kerala with PM Modi?
- 2 Young Women decided to contest Telangana Panchayat Polls
- 2.0 s costumes, Robot Models exhibited at Chennai Island Grounds
- Vishal confirms his wedding with Hyderabad based Businessman daughter
- 2 Women who unsuccessfully attempted to enter Sabarimala temple begins hunger strike
- Flight operations at Bengaluru airport to face disruptions from February 14 to 24
- Will YS Jagan accept invitation from KTR in joining Federal Front?
- Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police?