New Delhi sources added the "Constitution Bill, 2019'' was presented in the Rajya Sabha yesterday by Union minister Thawar Chand Gehlot and voting was held yesterday evening. Meanwhile in the Lok Sabha yesterday, the bill had the support of 323 lawmakers, only three lawmakers voted against it.Prime Minister Narendra Modi expressed hope that the bill get similar support in the Rajya Sabha.
Furthermore at a rally in Maharashtra's Solapur yesterday, he said, "The sense of injustice should end. We wanted equality of opportunity". Reportedly the bill, however, exposed rifts within the opposition, which is trying to project a united front to take on the BJP in the national elections late this year. Perhaps Congress, which supported the idea of a joint committee, initially adopted a "wait and watch" policy.
Moreover the bill is expected to benefit a huge section of upper castes including Brahmins, Rajputs (Thakurs), Jats, Marathas, Bhumihars, and several traders belonging to the Kapu and Kamma communities. Hence the economically deprived among the other religions will also benefit.
Why AP Chief Secretary wanted to speak to all Collectors & SPs? Vijayawada sources stated that with the day of counting barely a month away, Andhra Pradesh chief Secretary LV Subramanyam is set to hold a video conference with District Collectors and SPs from the state Secretariat on Tuesday. Meanwhile, others scheduled to be present at the conference include DGP RP Thakur, Telangana Chief Electoral Officer, Gopalakrishna Dwivedi, Additional DG, Law and Order, Ravishankar Ayyanar, among others.
- 15 transgender persons came to vote for LS elections in Kerala
- Tussle between Revenue department officials & TRS chief KCR has gone worse
- Saudi Arabia beheads 37 citizens convicted of terrorism
- History Maker: Pallonji Mistry - Indian Billionaire and Founder of Shapoorji Pallonji Group
- AP recovers melted Gold of lost from Tirupur Crown theft
- Is Jagan favoured more by punters in the state?
- Death toll in Sri Lanka rises as more Tension prevails
- 100 Turmeric Farmers from Telangana and Tamil Nadu to contest as independent from Varanasi Constituency
- BJP Cheap Trick to Defeat Rahul Gandhi in Wayanad
- AP IAS Association Sensing Chandrababu Coming to Power
- Bengaluru, the cheapest Asian City!
- 50:50 chances of Priyanka Gandhi contesting from Varanasi: Sources
- Janasena Damaged TDP in 35 Seats?
- After 14 years this Coimbatore Govt School gets power supply
- Congres Vijender Singh flexes biceps after being asked on BJPs dhai kilo ka haath