Accordingly Minister for Higher Education GT Devegowda said on Thursday that the Common Entrance Test (CET) for admission to medical, dental and engineering institutes in Karnataka will likely be held online this year. The minister said “A meeting will be convened soon to discuss the plan, where officials from KEA, higher education department and experts from Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belagavi will be present. Most of the competitive exams at a national level are already online based”.
Furthermore at the Higher Education department, the software to conduct the test online is almost ready and an official announcement in the change in the manner of the test is expected soon. Meanwhile a meeting will be held on January 19 to finalize the decision. Further if confirmed, the examination this year will be held online, though the pen and paper system could however be retained for students appearing for the exam in rural areas.
Moreover the minister did not clarify when asked whether the exam will be online or simply be computer based in which students answer on downloaded answer sheets. Reports added the CET is conducted by the Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) and officials from the KEA will take part in the January 19 meeting to finalize the examination procedure for 2019.
Why AP Chief Secretary wanted to speak to all Collectors & SPs? Vijayawada sources stated that with the day of counting barely a month away, Andhra Pradesh chief Secretary LV Subramanyam is set to hold a video conference with District Collectors and SPs from the state Secretariat on Tuesday. Meanwhile, others scheduled to be present at the conference include DGP RP Thakur, Telangana Chief Electoral Officer, Gopalakrishna Dwivedi, Additional DG, Law and Order, Ravishankar Ayyanar, among others.
- 15 transgender persons came to vote for LS elections in Kerala
- Tussle between Revenue department officials & TRS chief KCR has gone worse
- Saudi Arabia beheads 37 citizens convicted of terrorism
- History Maker: Pallonji Mistry - Indian Billionaire and Founder of Shapoorji Pallonji Group
- AP recovers melted Gold of lost from Tirupur Crown theft
- Is Jagan favoured more by punters in the state?
- Death toll in Sri Lanka rises as more Tension prevails
- 100 Turmeric Farmers from Telangana and Tamil Nadu to contest as independent from Varanasi Constituency
- BJP Cheap Trick to Defeat Rahul Gandhi in Wayanad
- AP IAS Association Sensing Chandrababu Coming to Power
- Bengaluru, the cheapest Asian City!
- 50:50 chances of Priyanka Gandhi contesting from Varanasi: Sources
- Janasena Damaged TDP in 35 Seats?
- After 14 years this Coimbatore Govt School gets power supply
- Congres Vijender Singh flexes biceps after being asked on BJPs dhai kilo ka haath