According to sources Narendra Modi government has fired CBI director Alok Verma from his post and the ousting, which Modi is in favor of, was done within 48 hours after the Supreme Court order on January 8th has reinstated Alok Verma as CBI chief. Reportedly the supreme court did not allow him to take up any major policy decisions until the corruption charges against him gets cleared.
Furthermore the apex court asked a three member selection committee, which includes PM Narendra Modi, leader of opposition Mallikarjun Kharge and SC judge A.K Sikri, to consider Verma's case within a week. Meanwhile Modi and Sikri voted for his removal, the leader of opposition Kharge has opposed it during the panel meeting.
Moreover PM Modi immediately named additional director Nageshwar Rao as interim chief of CBI, until the selection for new director gets finished. Perhaps the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has transferred Alok Verma as "DG Fire services, Civil Defense and Home Gaurd". Alok Verma's sacking has come down just 20 days before he was set to finish his 2 year fixed tenure and he was set to retire on January 31.
Indian Railways linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites According to sources the Indian Railways has linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites, making it easy to track trains and automatically feed the control charts about the trains arrival and departure. The officials said "A new beginning has been made in the new year: the train movement information is acquired and fed to the control charts using ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) satellite based real time train information system (RTIS) automatically”.
- Jallikattu opening day Festival begins with 500 Bulls in Tamilnadu
- Will Indra Nooyi become World Bank President?
- Yogi Adityanath record spending on festival!
- Supreme Court hearing on Interim CBI chief!
- Is YS Jagan is allying with KCR to form Andhra Drohula Front?
- Indra Nooyi been courted as an administration ally by Ivanka Trump
- How to Copy in Exams? Ad went viral in WhatsApp
- Why Shashi Tharoor not allowed into Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple in Kerala with PM Modi?
- 2 Young Women decided to contest Telangana Panchayat Polls
- 2.0 s costumes, Robot Models exhibited at Chennai Island Grounds
- Vishal confirms his wedding with Hyderabad based Businessman daughter
- 2 Women who unsuccessfully attempted to enter Sabarimala temple begins hunger strike
- Flight operations at Bengaluru airport to face disruptions from February 14 to 24
- Will YS Jagan accept invitation from KTR in joining Federal Front?
- Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police?