According to sources Narendra Modi government has fired CBI director Alok Verma from his post and the ousting, which Modi is in favor of, was done within 48 hours after the Supreme Court order on January 8th has reinstated Alok Verma as CBI chief. Reportedly the supreme court did not allow him to take up any major policy decisions until the corruption charges against him gets cleared.
Furthermore the apex court asked a three member selection committee, which includes PM Narendra Modi, leader of opposition Mallikarjun Kharge and SC judge A.K Sikri, to consider Verma's case within a week. Meanwhile Modi and Sikri voted for his removal, the leader of opposition Kharge has opposed it during the panel meeting.
Moreover PM Modi immediately named additional director Nageshwar Rao as interim chief of CBI, until the selection for new director gets finished. Perhaps the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has transferred Alok Verma as "DG Fire services, Civil Defense and Home Gaurd". Alok Verma's sacking has come down just 20 days before he was set to finish his 2 year fixed tenure and he was set to retire on January 31.
Why AP Chief Secretary wanted to speak to all Collectors & SPs? Vijayawada sources stated that with the day of counting barely a month away, Andhra Pradesh chief Secretary LV Subramanyam is set to hold a video conference with District Collectors and SPs from the state Secretariat on Tuesday. Meanwhile, others scheduled to be present at the conference include DGP RP Thakur, Telangana Chief Electoral Officer, Gopalakrishna Dwivedi, Additional DG, Law and Order, Ravishankar Ayyanar, among others.
- 15 transgender persons came to vote for LS elections in Kerala
- Tussle between Revenue department officials & TRS chief KCR has gone worse
- Saudi Arabia beheads 37 citizens convicted of terrorism
- History Maker: Pallonji Mistry - Indian Billionaire and Founder of Shapoorji Pallonji Group
- AP recovers melted Gold of lost from Tirupur Crown theft
- Is Jagan favoured more by punters in the state?
- Death toll in Sri Lanka rises as more Tension prevails
- 100 Turmeric Farmers from Telangana and Tamil Nadu to contest as independent from Varanasi Constituency
- BJP Cheap Trick to Defeat Rahul Gandhi in Wayanad
- AP IAS Association Sensing Chandrababu Coming to Power
- Bengaluru, the cheapest Asian City!
- 50:50 chances of Priyanka Gandhi contesting from Varanasi: Sources
- Janasena Damaged TDP in 35 Seats?
- After 14 years this Coimbatore Govt School gets power supply
- Congres Vijender Singh flexes biceps after being asked on BJPs dhai kilo ka haath