Hyderabad sources stated that twelve Indian companies are among 100 assessed across the globe for high increase in carbon dioxide emission. Accordingly Vedanta Limited India tops the list with 51.8 million tonnes of increased C02 emitted over a period of five years, followed by Adani Power Limited, which stands third in the list and Reliance power at sixth position.
Meanwhile China based company LafargeHolcim Limited is the second, Australia based AGL Energy Limited is the fourth and Korean Electric Power Corporation among the top 5. Furthermore it was stated that China, Saudi Arabia and USA collectively have a massive number of companies in the top 100.
Moreover according to the 2018 Global Carbon Project report, India’s CO2 emissions are projected to rise by 6.3 per cent in 2018-19 due to strong economic growth. It said “The Indian government will need to step up its climate policy if it is to slow down growth in emissions while maintaining economic growth”.
2 Indian Iconic Cricketers makes their Kollywood debut Reportedly popular cricketers Irfan Pathan and Harbhajan who have good number of fans in Chennai, after having played for Chennai Super Kings IPL cricket team, are all set to make their Kollywood debut soon. It was reported that Irfan Pathan has been roped in to play a role in the upcoming Vikram starrer
- NASA manages to locate Chandrayaan 2's Vikram Lander for the Second time
- Penalty imposed on SB & LVB for non-compliance with RBIs directions on Frauds classification
- Will justice be delivered to RTC Employees & People of Telangana?
- Chiranjeevi To Bridge The Gap Between Tollywood and Jagan
- Is it Self Dismiss? Or Self-Goal?
- PM Modi addressed rally at Kurukshetra in support of BJP candidate for Haryana assembly election
- HAL Employees to continue indefinite strike, talks failed
- Chennai will finally get a mayor after a gap of Eight years
- Reliance Jio unveiled an AI based Video Call Assistant (Bot) at India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2019
- Jagan Becoming Headache To KCR
- Heavy rain likely to lash Coastal AP: IMD
- Delhi Pollution Control Committee started night patrolling to prevent dust emission
- Why Pakistan is isolated by all countries in FATF?
- Jagan Proves To Be Rightful Than Chandrababu
- IRCTC IPO subscribed nearly 112 times on back of strong demand across investor categories