According to sources Dr BR Ambedkar said “Some men say that they should be satisfied with the abolition of untouchability only, leaving the caste system alone and the aim of abolition of untouchability alone without trying to abolish the inequalities inherent in the caste system is a rather low aim". Reportedly untouchability has been banned in India in 1955 thanks to the passage of the Untouchability (Offences) Act.
Furthermore the curse of untouchability is still prevalent in India's remotest parts. Accordingly in one of her routine field visits, District Collector of Dholpur, in Rajasthan, Neha Giri faced an abhorrent incident in Basedi in the district. Meanwhile she saw a young woman working as a laborer at site and right there was a stout man serving water to the laborers. Further when she inquired about the injustice in allotting work, it was said that the woman was a Dalit and that no one would drink the water served by her.
Moreover when reacting to the incident, the Collector asked the woman to serve water and broke the act of discrimination by drinking water. Perhaps she had asked the laborers to drink the water served by the woman. Hence incidents like these could pave way for an untouchability free, better and new India.
Kamal Haasan trolled by director! Ulaga Nayagan Kamal Hassan, the MNM party president had recently posted a funny video, where he becomes angered by promises given by existing political leaders and throws remote on TV and breaks the TV, which has been trolled by many people.
- 564 wheel chairs used across Nilgiri constituency to help differently-abled voters
- Volunteers encourage people to vote in Mandya
- Tamilnadu recorded 39.49% voting till 1 p.m
- Donald Trump vetoed a bill to end support for Saudi-led war in Yemen
- Tamilnadu records highest voter turnouts among 11 states
- Why IT conducts raids in TN against leaders in opposition to BJP?
- PM Modi calls All Youngsters to polling booths to strengthen democracy
- Tamilnadu interiors to experience heavy rain in next 24 hours
- Overall poll percentage for Tamilnadu was 13.48% till 9 am
- All voters come out to vote: DMK President MK Stalin
- Twitter account, RG-Wayanad caters to needs of Kerala media
- Voting in Phase 2 Lok Sabha Election begins
- First major raid conducted on BJP leaders in Karnataka
- Why AMMK Men protested against flying squad?
- Tamilnadu gearing up for LS Polls