Hyderabad sources reported that with thousands of families living in Hyderabad heading to their native places in both the Telugu states for Sankranti, the Telangana government on Saturday decided to waive toll tax for commuters on national highways. Meanwhile Chief Secretary S.K. Joshi issued instructions to waive off the toll gates charges to the commuters on national highways to and fro from Hyderabad on January 13 and January 16, a day before and a day after the three day festival, according to an official release.
Furthermore the move is expected to provide relief too many families travelling to their native towns and villages in Telangana and neighboring Andhra Pradesh. Reportedly it will ease long traffic snarls seen at the toll gates on Hyderabad-Vijayawada, Hyderabad-Warangal and other highways since Friday night. Further hundreds of four wheelers were waiting at the toll gates for their turn, slowing down the movement of vehicles on the highways.
Moreover Sankranti is a major harvest festival of Telugu people, where thousands employed in Hyderabad head to their homes in towns and villages. Perhaps South Central Railway and Telangana State Road Transport Corporation (TSRTC) were operating special trains and buses respectively between Hyderabad and other destinations to clear the Sankranti rush.
BJP Member says She will change constitution! BJP prominent member and Women and Child welfare minister of Maharashtra named Pankaja Munde is now embroiled in a huge controversy following her sensational and wrong statement that BJP once elected to the throne again will change the constituency after Lok Sabha elections.
- Kamal's apology to buffaloes!
- Kamal Haasan trolled by director!
- 564 wheel chairs used across Nilgiri constituency to help differently-abled voters
- Volunteers encourage people to vote in Mandya
- Tamilnadu recorded 39.49% voting till 1 p.m
- Donald Trump vetoed a bill to end support for Saudi-led war in Yemen
- Tamilnadu records highest voter turnouts among 11 states
- Why IT conducts raids in TN against leaders in opposition to BJP?
- PM Modi calls All Youngsters to polling booths to strengthen democracy
- Tamilnadu interiors to experience heavy rain in next 24 hours
- Overall poll percentage for Tamilnadu was 13.48% till 9 am
- All voters come out to vote: DMK President MK Stalin
- Twitter account, RG-Wayanad caters to needs of Kerala media
- Voting in Phase 2 Lok Sabha Election begins
- First major raid conducted on BJP leaders in Karnataka