Washington sources reported that former UN Ambassador Nikki Haley and US President Donald Trump's daughter and adviser Ivanka are among possible US candidates to replace outgoing World Bank President Jim Yong Kim. Meanwhile Kim abruptly announced he was cutting short his tenure as the bank's president more than three years before his second term was due to end.
Furthermore in addition to Trump and Haley, who stepped down as US Ambassador to the United Nations last month, other names being floated include Treasury Undersecretary for International Affairs David Malpass and Mark Green, head of the US Agency for International Development. Earlier Ivanka Trump in 2017 was the driving force behind a $1 billion, Saudi-supported World Bank fund to promote entrepreneurship by women.
A spokesperson said “The department has received a "significant number of recommendations". Moreover we are beginning the internal review process for a US nominee and we look forward to working with the governors to select a new leader. Further under an unwritten agreement, the United States, which is the bank's largest shareholder, has always chosen its leader since the institution was founded following World War II.
DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19 Chennai sources made a statement that Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) president MK Stalin will participate in the meeting of opposition parties called by West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee in Kolkata on January 19. Reports added MK Stalin had decided to participate in the meeting which is been organized by Mamata Banerjee later this weekend.
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!
- Viswasam receives police appreciation!
- Ajith fan dies when seeing movie!
- Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster!
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?
- West Zone Party Office opened by Kamal Hassan in Pollachi
- Trump nominated three Indian Americans to key administration positions
- Nationwide probe launched to nab main perpetrators in QNet scam
- Indian Railways linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites