Reportedly in the new system, nothing changes as far as the customer is concerned as you will still be swiping your debit/credit card and however, in this process, no merchant can store your original debit or credit card number. Furthermore in place of the 16 digit number on your card, a randomly generated token ID issued by your bank will be utilized. Reports added the 16 digit token which masks your actual card number, will keep changing with each transaction, and thus making it difficult for any third party to know your actual debit or credit card number.
Meanwhile customers shopping online will also be providing the generated token number instead of the actual card number. However RBI has clarified that Additional Factor of Authentication (AFA)/ PIN entry will be applicable for tokenized card transactions as well and this service is expected to be delivered free of cost as per the directions of the top banking regulator.
The guidelines state "Tokenization and de-tokenization shall be performed only by the authorized card network and recovery of original Primary Account Number (PAN) should be feasible for the authorized card network only. Adequate safeguards shall be put in place to ensure that PAN cannot be found out from the token and vice versa, by anyone except the card network”.
DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19 Chennai sources made a statement that Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) president MK Stalin will participate in the meeting of opposition parties called by West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee in Kolkata on January 19. Reports added MK Stalin had decided to participate in the meeting which is been organized by Mamata Banerjee later this weekend.
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!
- Viswasam receives police appreciation!
- Ajith fan dies when seeing movie!
- Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster!
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?
- West Zone Party Office opened by Kamal Hassan in Pollachi
- Trump nominated three Indian Americans to key administration positions
- Nationwide probe launched to nab main perpetrators in QNet scam
- Indian Railways linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites