Reportedly in the new system, nothing changes as far as the customer is concerned as you will still be swiping your debit/credit card and however, in this process, no merchant can store your original debit or credit card number. Furthermore in place of the 16 digit number on your card, a randomly generated token ID issued by your bank will be utilized. Reports added the 16 digit token which masks your actual card number, will keep changing with each transaction, and thus making it difficult for any third party to know your actual debit or credit card number.
Meanwhile customers shopping online will also be providing the generated token number instead of the actual card number. However RBI has clarified that Additional Factor of Authentication (AFA)/ PIN entry will be applicable for tokenized card transactions as well and this service is expected to be delivered free of cost as per the directions of the top banking regulator.
The guidelines state "Tokenization and de-tokenization shall be performed only by the authorized card network and recovery of original Primary Account Number (PAN) should be feasible for the authorized card network only. Adequate safeguards shall be put in place to ensure that PAN cannot be found out from the token and vice versa, by anyone except the card network”.
Narendra Modi Saved Chandrababu in IT Grids Case? A private firm, IT Grid (India), was recently accused of obtaining personal details of 7.82 crore Aadhaar holders in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana for Telugu Desam Party's Seva Mitra App. This case took a new twist the other day with reports of UIDAI of approaching the Police saying that its data has been hacked.
- BJP Member says She will change constitution!
- Kamal's apology to buffaloes!
- Kamal Haasan trolled by director!
- 564 wheel chairs used across Nilgiri constituency to help differently-abled voters
- Volunteers encourage people to vote in Mandya
- Tamilnadu recorded 39.49% voting till 1 p.m
- Donald Trump vetoed a bill to end support for Saudi-led war in Yemen
- Tamilnadu records highest voter turnouts among 11 states
- Why IT conducts raids in TN against leaders in opposition to BJP?
- PM Modi calls All Youngsters to polling booths to strengthen democracy
- Tamilnadu interiors to experience heavy rain in next 24 hours
- Overall poll percentage for Tamilnadu was 13.48% till 9 am
- All voters come out to vote: DMK President MK Stalin
- Twitter account, RG-Wayanad caters to needs of Kerala media
- Voting in Phase 2 Lok Sabha Election begins