Jakarta sources stated that Navy divers have located the cockpit voice recorder of a Lion Air Jet that crashed into the Java Sea in October, Indonesian officials said, in a possible boost to the accident investigation. Meanwhile Ridwan Djamaluddin, a deputy maritime minister, told reporters that remains of some of the 189 people who died in the crash were also discovered at the seabed location.
He said "We got confirmation this morning from the National Transportation Safety Committee's chairman”. Furthermore a spokesman for the Indonesian navy's western fleet, Lt Col Agung Nugroho, said divers using high-tech equipment found the voice recorder beneath 8 meters (26 feet) of seabed mud and the plane crashed in waters 30 meters (98 feet) deep. Further the 2 month old Boeing 737 MAX 8 jet plunged into the Java Sea just minutes after taking off from Jakarta on October 29, killing everyone on board.
Reportedly the cockpit data recorder was recovered within days of the crash and showed that the jet's airspeed indicator had malfunctioned on its last four flights. Meanwhile if the voice recorder is undamaged, it could provide valuable additional information to investigators. Reports added Lion Air is one of Indonesia's youngest airlines but has grown rapidly, flying to dozens of domestic and international destinations, a fast growing region of more than 600 million people.
BJP not yet projected any chief ministerial face for upcoming Assembly polls in Delhi Reportedly in Delhi, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has not yet projected any chief ministerial face for the upcoming Assembly polls, which are due by the end of 2019 or early next year. Meanwhile the party appears to be relying on Prime Minister Narendra Modi's charisma to take on the ruling Aam Aadmi Party (AAP). Furthermore Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal is the AAP's face for the Assembly
- Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach
- Bangladesh and Nepal are estimated to grow faster than India in 2019: WB
- PM Modi's translator for Chinese President was 2007 batch IFS from Chennai
- BJP released Party Manifesto for upcoming Haryana Assembly Elections
- Japan hit by biggest typhoon in decades
- India's growth rate is projected to fall to 6%, the World Bank
- Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale: Mamallapuram was chosen by India due to its rich heritage
- Why Jagan Is A Lot Better Than Chandrababu