According to sources when the 25th ‘Shradaanjalai’ of the late Seer of Kanchi Kamakoti Mutt, Sri Chandrasekharendra Saraswathi was observed on January 8, one was instantly transported to a counterfactual possibility in the backdrop of the raging controversy over the Supreme Court ruling allowing women of all ages to worship at the Sabarimala Lord Ayyappa shrine in Kerala.
Meanwhile what if the late Kanchi Paramacharya, as he was fondly known to thousands of his devotees, and Mahatma Gandhi met again, as they did in a cowshed at Nallicherry on the outskirts of Palakkad on October 15, 1927, when another controversy over allowing the Dalits or Scheduled Castes into any temple was causing heart burns in a far more orthodox, rigid, hierarchical social milieu then and yet, the issue is not a simple one of faith versus gender equality.
Furthermore as Karen Armstrong, in her brilliant work, “A History of God” she was a nun in a Roman Catholic order and walked out of it points out, the notion of ‘God’ for the early Messiahs, the ‘God’ of the Theologians, for the priestly class, ‘God’ for the Mystics and ‘God’ for the Reformers were not identical. Moreover stating that human beings would always want to create new realms of meaning, Karen concludes her work saying “The idols of fundamentalism are not good substitutes for God; if we are to create a vibrant new faith for the 21st century, we should, perhaps, ponder the history of God for some lessons and warnings.”
Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today According to sources Congress leader Rahul Gandhi will on Monday campaign for the party in Haryana and will address a public meeting in Nuh. The sources said “Gandhi will address the meeting in the afternoon and will reach Nuh in southern Haryana by road from Delhi, and the meeting was finalized after consultations with party leaders of the state”. Meanwhile Nuh is the district headquarters in the Mewat area and falls under the Gurgaon parliamentary constituency. Gandhi is also campaigning for
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach
- Bangladesh and Nepal are estimated to grow faster than India in 2019: WB
- PM Modi's translator for Chinese President was 2007 batch IFS from Chennai
- BJP released Party Manifesto for upcoming Haryana Assembly Elections
- Japan hit by biggest typhoon in decades
- India's growth rate is projected to fall to 6%, the World Bank
- Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale: Mamallapuram was chosen by India due to its rich heritage
- Why Jagan Is A Lot Better Than Chandrababu
- AP Government To Buy A Multi-Storeyed Tower At Tadepalli