The Supreme Court of India has issued notice to the Home ministry, which challenges an order that gives powers to 10 agencies for conducting surveillance for 4 public interest litigation were filed against the order, stating that the order violates section 69 of Information technology act and privacy rights.
Shreya Singhal in the petition filed said that the order provides snooping powers based on section 69 of IT act and that this is totally opposing the fundamental rights. Another petitioner Amit Sahni's petition challenged the December 20 order according to which 10 intelligence agencies were given powers to decrypt, monitor and intercept data on devices.
After rising concerns over data safety and privacy, the Supreme Court of India has today issued a notice to the government, asking for them to submit an explanation within a period of 6 weeks.
Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today According to sources Congress leader Rahul Gandhi will on Monday campaign for the party in Haryana and will address a public meeting in Nuh. The sources said “Gandhi will address the meeting in the afternoon and will reach Nuh in southern Haryana by road from Delhi, and the meeting was finalized after consultations with party leaders of the state”. Meanwhile Nuh is the district headquarters in the Mewat area and falls under the Gurgaon parliamentary constituency. Gandhi is also campaigning for
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach
- Bangladesh and Nepal are estimated to grow faster than India in 2019: WB
- PM Modi's translator for Chinese President was 2007 batch IFS from Chennai
- BJP released Party Manifesto for upcoming Haryana Assembly Elections
- Japan hit by biggest typhoon in decades
- India's growth rate is projected to fall to 6%, the World Bank
- Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale: Mamallapuram was chosen by India due to its rich heritage
- Why Jagan Is A Lot Better Than Chandrababu
- AP Government To Buy A Multi-Storeyed Tower At Tadepalli