Justice AK Sikri has rejected the central government position at the Commonwealth Secretariat Arbitral Tribunal (CSAT). CBI director Alok Verma was ousted from his post last week, with AK Sikri being an important member of the vigilance committee that was headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, and this was the committee that decided to remove Alok Verma.
In the voting, Congress leader of Lok Sabha Mallikarjun Kharge had voted to retain Alok Verma in CBI director's role, while Narendra Modi and AK Sikri had voted to against Alok Verma, and being the majority, Alok Verma was removed from his post. Justice AK Sikri's voting against Alok Verma became a sensational topic in the national politics.
Within just 2 days of this sensational event in Indian politics, AK Sikri was given the role of Commonwealth Secretariat Arbitral Tribunal head, and this role was requested by Sikri himself, and it was said that it is for this role that he supported government to remove Alok Verma. However his declining of the offer has reportedly come after numerous news on his connection with the govt and his participation in its plan against Alok Verma.
Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case Reportedly in the sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case that is unfolding in Kerala, investigating authorities have said that they have made a few crucial findings over the past few days. Meanwhile Kozhikode rural Superintendent of Police KG Simon confirmed that 47 year old Jolly had read extensively about cyanide and how it is used before allegedly poisoning the six members of her family.
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach
- Bangladesh and Nepal are estimated to grow faster than India in 2019: WB
- PM Modi's translator for Chinese President was 2007 batch IFS from Chennai
- BJP released Party Manifesto for upcoming Haryana Assembly Elections
- Japan hit by biggest typhoon in decades
- India's growth rate is projected to fall to 6%, the World Bank
- Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale: Mamallapuram was chosen by India due to its rich heritage
- Why Jagan Is A Lot Better Than Chandrababu
- AP Government To Buy A Multi-Storeyed Tower At Tadepalli
- Indo-US joint military training in Seattle from 13 Oct