Justice AK Sikri has rejected the central government position at the Commonwealth Secretariat Arbitral Tribunal (CSAT). CBI director Alok Verma was ousted from his post last week, with AK Sikri being an important member of the vigilance committee that was headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, and this was the committee that decided to remove Alok Verma.
In the voting, Congress leader of Lok Sabha Mallikarjun Kharge had voted to retain Alok Verma in CBI director's role, while Narendra Modi and AK Sikri had voted to against Alok Verma, and being the majority, Alok Verma was removed from his post. Justice AK Sikri's voting against Alok Verma became a sensational topic in the national politics.
Within just 2 days of this sensational event in Indian politics, AK Sikri was given the role of Commonwealth Secretariat Arbitral Tribunal head, and this role was requested by Sikri himself, and it was said that it is for this role that he supported government to remove Alok Verma. However his declining of the offer has reportedly come after numerous news on his connection with the govt and his participation in its plan against Alok Verma.
Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday Reportedly ahead of Former Chief Minister and AIADMK supreme Jayalalitha’s birth anniversary, the Madras High Court on Wednesday refused to relax its ban on registered political parties installing flex boards, digital banners or placards on arterial roads in or any other roads in the State. Recently a Division Bench comprising of Justices M Sathyanarayanan and M Nirmal Kumar rejected
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu