Sources from Kerala stated that Shanila Satheesh and Reshma Nishanth, have begun a hunger strike after they were blocked from entering the temple by protesters gathered there. Meanwhile they are demanding that adequate arrangements be made for them to complete their Sabarimala darshan safely, and are reportedly on a hunger strike at an unknown location to ensure their safety and avoid attacks from angry protesters.
Furthermore a nine member group, including Shanila, Reshma and seven male companions brought along to help ensure their safety, had arrived at Pamba early on Wednesday morning. Accordingly they were stopped by rapidly swelling group protesters and the pair was accompanied to Pamba police control room, where it was decided that they would abandon their trek.
Moreover Reshma also made it clear that they would not break the fast they had undertaken in order to visit Sabarimala until they had successfully completed their darshan there. She said "We waited till Makaravilakku to let all protests settle down. It has been four months since she wore the mala and she need to go home, but she can do so, only after removing the mala. But we will not go without seeing our lord. If the protesters want to kill us, they may do so.”
When will TSRTC strike come to an end? Reportedly the strike of TSRTC employees are entered tenth day and the agitation is growing bigger and bigger with each day passing. Meanwhile this has become a blessing for APSRTC and it has made good money for the Dasara festival season and as per the report, the transport authority has earned the revenue of Rs 229 crore for this festival season and when compared to the previous year, APSRTC
- India gets started on a rail link between Raxaul in Bihar to the Nepalese capital
- Air India says issues regarding aviation fuel payments would be resolved early
- Chiranjeevi and Jagan's Bonhomie Surprises Everyone
- Jagan Increases Rythu Bharosa Amount in the Last Minute
- Indian-American Abhijit Banerjee Selected for Nobel Prize
- India slowed considerably from go-go-years before financial crisis: Raghuram Rajan
- Jagan discussed conditions on Ghanta with Chiru!
- BJP not yet projected any chief ministerial face for upcoming Assembly polls in Delhi
- Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?