Next week, the Supreme Court of India will be hearing a petition that had been filed against the appointment of M.Nageswara Rao as the Interim chief of CBI. After the sacking of the former chief of CBI Alok Verma by a three member central vigilance committee lead by Indian Prime minister Narendra Modi, Nageswara Rao was appointed as the interim chief last week Friday.
After his appointment, Rao began to reverse all the decisions Alok Verma had taken prior to his appointment, besides also involving in structural changes and managing of workload in various CBI offices in the country. An NGO had filed a petition against his appointment through Advocate Prashanth Bhushan, calling the appointment as illegal and quoting that this was against the Delhi Police Special Establishment act.
The petitioners also demanded that a regular CBI chief must be appointed, and Rao ordered several transfers and cancelled transfers that were previously sanctioned by Alok Verma. After his sacking, Alok Verma was given the fire services chief role, but he had submitted resignation.
Chiranjeevi To Bridge The Gap Between Tollywood and Jagan Megastar Chiranjeevi along with his wife Surekha Konidela met Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy at the Chief Minister's official residence in Tadepalli on Monday as a courtesy call. This is the first time that the Chiranjeevi or for that matter, any Telugu Film Industry Biggie met him after YS Jagan took charge.
- Is it Self Dismiss? Or Self-Goal?
- PM Modi addressed rally at Kurukshetra in support of BJP candidate for Haryana assembly election
- HAL Employees to continue indefinite strike, talks failed
- Chennai will finally get a mayor after a gap of Eight years
- Reliance Jio unveiled an AI based Video Call Assistant (Bot) at India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2019
- Jagan Becoming Headache To KCR
- Heavy rain likely to lash Coastal AP: IMD
- Delhi Pollution Control Committee started night patrolling to prevent dust emission
- Why Pakistan is isolated by all countries in FATF?
- Jagan Proves To Be Rightful Than Chandrababu
- IRCTC IPO subscribed nearly 112 times on back of strong demand across investor categories
- Quality of Air in Delhi is very poor
- Mobile Phones rings in Kashmir Valley after 68 days
- 10,000 HAL workers begins their Indefinite Strike
- 4 National Level Hockey Players died in car crash in MP