Next week, the Supreme Court of India will be hearing a petition that had been filed against the appointment of M.Nageswara Rao as the Interim chief of CBI. After the sacking of the former chief of CBI Alok Verma by a three member central vigilance committee lead by Indian Prime minister Narendra Modi, Nageswara Rao was appointed as the interim chief last week Friday.
After his appointment, Rao began to reverse all the decisions Alok Verma had taken prior to his appointment, besides also involving in structural changes and managing of workload in various CBI offices in the country. An NGO had filed a petition against his appointment through Advocate Prashanth Bhushan, calling the appointment as illegal and quoting that this was against the Delhi Police Special Establishment act.
The petitioners also demanded that a regular CBI chief must be appointed, and Rao ordered several transfers and cancelled transfers that were previously sanctioned by Alok Verma. After his sacking, Alok Verma was given the fire services chief role, but he had submitted resignation.
Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday Reportedly ahead of Former Chief Minister and AIADMK supreme Jayalalitha’s birth anniversary, the Madras High Court on Wednesday refused to relax its ban on registered political parties installing flex boards, digital banners or placards on arterial roads in or any other roads in the State. Recently a Division Bench comprising of Justices M Sathyanarayanan and M Nirmal Kumar rejected
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu