According to sources the Indian Railways has linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites, making it easy to track trains and automatically feed the control charts about the trains arrival and departure. The officials said "A new beginning has been made in the new year: the train movement information is acquired and fed to the control charts using ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) satellite based real time train information system (RTIS) automatically”.
Meanwhile the official said that the system was implemented on January 8, on some of the mail or express trains on the Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Katra-Bandra Terminus, New Delhi-Patna, New Delhi-Amritsar and Delhi-Jammu routes. Furthermore the official said the new system will help railways to modernize its control room, railway network for more efficient train movement across its network.
Moreover after explaining how the new system works, the official said the RTIS device installed in the locomotive detects position and speed of the train using GAGAN geo-positioning system, developed by ISRO. The official said "The Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System was used to warn road users of approaching trains through hooters installed at unmanned road crossings," adding that now the railways has also eliminated all the unmanned level crossing except one in Uttar Pradesh due to some local issues.
TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8 Accordingly Tamilnadu government is going to introduce board examinations for the students of class 5 and class 8, in addition to the already existing public exams for students in classes 10, 11 and 12. Meanwhile according to a circular issued to all the district education offices, the third term exams conducted in schools will henceforth be conducted as public exams. These exams will have common question papers for all the schools in Tamilnadu.
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?