Chennai sources stated that there are no takers for Prime Minister Narendra Modi's invitation for poll alliances, said Tamilnadu Congress president Su. Thirunavukarasar, while taking pot shots at the PM for announcing that the BJP doors are open for ties with even old allies. Meanwhile the PCC chief told reporters there were no takers for Modi's invite, parties have been "only walking out" of the NDA and at the same time, the Congress led front has been getting stronger.
Furthermore he said his party's ties with the DMK "have only got more robust"-an obvious reference to DMK chief M K Stalin recently announcing that Rahul Gandhi would be the Prime Ministerial candidate for the UPA. Reportedly Modi, during a recent interaction with the Tamil Nadu BJP workers, had said the BJP cherished its old friends. Moreover he had said the BJP was open to alliances following the path of Atal Bihari Vajpayee who had successfully built coalitions respecting regional aspirations.
Moreover the DMK president Stalin mocked at Modi's 'doors open' announcement and reiterated his party would never align with the BJP, the saffron party's state unit president Dr Tamilisai Soundararajan hit back saying Stalin was "unnecessarily excited since the PM's invitation did not include his DMK".
TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8 Accordingly Tamilnadu government is going to introduce board examinations for the students of class 5 and class 8, in addition to the already existing public exams for students in classes 10, 11 and 12. Meanwhile according to a circular issued to all the district education offices, the third term exams conducted in schools will henceforth be conducted as public exams. These exams will have common question papers for all the schools in Tamilnadu.
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?