According to a notice by the Director General of Police, the move is aimed recording the “good work” done in the cities and districts. Reportedly “All CsOP in cities and SsP in Districts are instructed to create a WhatsApp Group in each Police Station in all the Cities and Districts. Meanwhile the Admin of the WhatsApp group should be the SHOs(Inspectors / Sub-Inspectors) of the respective Police Stations.
Furthermore when speaking to reporters, Rohini Lakshané, Director (Emerging Research), The Bachchao Project says that an open source application which could be audited is a far better option, compared to WhatsApp. Furthermore Rohini also points out that making it mandatory for official purposes to install a mobile app that requires several sensitive permissions on the device is also a violation of personal privacy.
Accordingly “If the rationale behind the proposed WhatsApp groups is that they are not intended for the circulation of sensitive or confidential information of the state, then the police department might as well use an app with open source software that can be independently audited for security and does not have privacy implications for its personnel.”
Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday Reportedly ahead of Former Chief Minister and AIADMK supreme Jayalalitha’s birth anniversary, the Madras High Court on Wednesday refused to relax its ban on registered political parties installing flex boards, digital banners or placards on arterial roads in or any other roads in the State. Recently a Division Bench comprising of Justices M Sathyanarayanan and M Nirmal Kumar rejected
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu