According to a notice by the Director General of Police, the move is aimed recording the “good work” done in the cities and districts. Reportedly “All CsOP in cities and SsP in Districts are instructed to create a WhatsApp Group in each Police Station in all the Cities and Districts. Meanwhile the Admin of the WhatsApp group should be the SHOs(Inspectors / Sub-Inspectors) of the respective Police Stations.
Furthermore when speaking to reporters, Rohini Lakshané, Director (Emerging Research), The Bachchao Project says that an open source application which could be audited is a far better option, compared to WhatsApp. Furthermore Rohini also points out that making it mandatory for official purposes to install a mobile app that requires several sensitive permissions on the device is also a violation of personal privacy.
Accordingly “If the rationale behind the proposed WhatsApp groups is that they are not intended for the circulation of sensitive or confidential information of the state, then the police department might as well use an app with open source software that can be independently audited for security and does not have privacy implications for its personnel.”
Chiranjeevi To Bridge The Gap Between Tollywood and Jagan Megastar Chiranjeevi along with his wife Surekha Konidela met Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy at the Chief Minister's official residence in Tadepalli on Monday as a courtesy call. This is the first time that the Chiranjeevi or for that matter, any Telugu Film Industry Biggie met him after YS Jagan took charge.
- Is it Self Dismiss? Or Self-Goal?
- PM Modi addressed rally at Kurukshetra in support of BJP candidate for Haryana assembly election
- HAL Employees to continue indefinite strike, talks failed
- Chennai will finally get a mayor after a gap of Eight years
- Reliance Jio unveiled an AI based Video Call Assistant (Bot) at India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2019
- Jagan Becoming Headache To KCR
- Heavy rain likely to lash Coastal AP: IMD
- Delhi Pollution Control Committee started night patrolling to prevent dust emission
- Why Pakistan is isolated by all countries in FATF?
- Jagan Proves To Be Rightful Than Chandrababu
- IRCTC IPO subscribed nearly 112 times on back of strong demand across investor categories
- Quality of Air in Delhi is very poor
- Mobile Phones rings in Kashmir Valley after 68 days
- 10,000 HAL workers begins their Indefinite Strike
- 4 National Level Hockey Players died in car crash in MP