According to sources Indian IT major Infosys has received cabinet approval to develop, what is being called, the next generation income tax filing system, which will cut down the processing time for returns from 63 days to one day and expedite refunds. Meanwhile the integrated E-filing and Centralized Processing Centre 2.0 Project of the Income Tax Department will be developed by Infosys at a cost of Rs 4,241.97 crore.
Reports added the Cabinet has also sanctioned a consolidated cost of Rs 1,482.44 crore for the existing CPC-ITR 1.0 project up to 2018-19. Hence this is the current system that is being used to process I-T returns and will be used till the new one becomes operational. Meanwhile Union Railway Minister Piyush Goyal, the project, which he claims will be more tax friendly, will be completed in 18 months, then tested for three months and then launched. Post this, the processing time for income tax will come down to one day.
Moreover PTI also quotes Piyush Goyal as saying that tax refunds worth Rs 1.83 lakh crore have been issued so far in the current fiscal. Reportedly in the current fiscal, the government processed Rs 1.83 lakh crore worth of tax refunds and hence these refunds are reportedly issued after a lot of scrutiny and if there is a delay, the government is liable to pay interest.
Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today According to sources Congress leader Rahul Gandhi will on Monday campaign for the party in Haryana and will address a public meeting in Nuh. The sources said “Gandhi will address the meeting in the afternoon and will reach Nuh in southern Haryana by road from Delhi, and the meeting was finalized after consultations with party leaders of the state”. Meanwhile Nuh is the district headquarters in the Mewat area and falls under the Gurgaon parliamentary constituency. Gandhi is also campaigning for
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach
- Bangladesh and Nepal are estimated to grow faster than India in 2019: WB
- PM Modi's translator for Chinese President was 2007 batch IFS from Chennai
- BJP released Party Manifesto for upcoming Haryana Assembly Elections
- Japan hit by biggest typhoon in decades
- India's growth rate is projected to fall to 6%, the World Bank
- Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale: Mamallapuram was chosen by India due to its rich heritage
- Why Jagan Is A Lot Better Than Chandrababu
- AP Government To Buy A Multi-Storeyed Tower At Tadepalli