Accordingly Finance Minister Arun Jaitley might make a move to the income tax exemption threshold to the salaried, which is as of now Rs 2.5 lakh to Rs 5 lakh, which would be a huge relief to the middle class. Furthermore resuming tax free status for medical expenses and transport allowance, this move is being made to provide relief to this class, which was probably the worst hit by demonetization.
Presently the BJP government is scared of a backlash from the middle-class voters in the upcoming general elections. Reportedly to avoid this blow back, the BJP is planning to streamline tax slabs. Reports added the problem which might crop up is that the Union Budget will be placed for discussion after the unveiling of the Direct Tax Code Report on February 28. Hence amending the tax rates before the release of the Budget might make it contentious.
Further as of now, income up to Rs 2.5 lakh is exempted from personal income tax and income between Rs 2.5-5 lakh draws 5% tax, income between Rs 5-10 lakh is levied with 20 % tax. Income above Rs 10 lakh is taxed at 30 %. Moreover an exemption of Rs 5 lakh is only provided to individuals of above 80 years.
EPS spends 15 crores on ads! Former Tamilnadu chief minister Jayalalitha had won the 2016 elections and became the CM for the second term. However within sometime after swearing in as CM her health was affected and she was admitted to Apollo and was receiving treatment for 75 days and following treatment failure, she had passed away
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!
- Student thanks minister for slipper
- BIG BREAKING - Supreme court dismisses Vedanta 's plea to reopen #Sterlite plant in Tuticorin
- Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know
- Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!