Washington sources reported that the US city of Louisville in Kentucky State is set to rename its airport after hometown hero and boxing legend Muhammad Ali, who died in 2016. Meanwhile Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer said that Ali had inspired billions of people around the world with his boxing accolades as well as his openness about his conversion to the Muslim faith.
Reportedly the announcement came just a day before Ali would have turned 77. Furthermore officials said they hope to finish the process of renaming the Louisville International Airport to the Louisville Muhammad Ali International Airport by June, when the city hosts its "I Am Ali" festival in the boxer's honor. Fischer was quoted as saying by the Hill newspaper "Muhammad Ali belonged to the world, but he only had one hometown, and fortunately, that is our great city of Louisville".
Reportedly Muhammad became one of the most well-known people to ever walk the Earth and has left a legacy of humanitarianism and athleticism that has inspired billions of people. Fischer added "It is important that we, as a city, further champion the champ's legacy and the airport renaming is a wonderful next step". Moreover airport officials were currently working on receiving approval from Ali's family for use of his name, but say an agreement was near.
Hyderabad Metro Rail overloaded due to TSRTC strike Reportedly a large number of commuters in Hyderabad on Monday took to the Metro as the ongoing strike by employees of the Telangana State Road Transport Corporation (TSRTC) intensified. Perhaps with Telangana Congress leaders and workers attempting to lay siege to Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao's residence in support of the strike, the police took a bizarre decision, to shut down
- Karnataka received excessive rainfall this year
- Did Godman Kalki fled the country, IT raids Rs.500 Crores undisclosed wealth
- Did Pakistan stop Postal Mail service between India & Pakistan?
- Two apps developed by UG students won Marconi Award
- P Chidambaram granted bail by SC in INX Media Case
- Donald Trump celebrates Diwali at White House on October 24
- Guv made remarks on Indian Army's action against terrorist camps inside POK
- Jagan Insulted by the Central Government?
- Telangana police seizes AP CM Jagan Car
- First bitter experience for Jagan as Chief Minister at Delhi!
- Reliable Survey Agency about Huzurnagar Result
- AP Farmers exchanges Vegetables for plastic bags
- AIMPLB moves to court seeking no jail term for triple Talaq
- 52 Kgs of Plastic removed from Cow's stomach in TN
- PMC bank scam claims another life in Maharashtra