Washington sources reported that the US city of Louisville in Kentucky State is set to rename its airport after hometown hero and boxing legend Muhammad Ali, who died in 2016. Meanwhile Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer said that Ali had inspired billions of people around the world with his boxing accolades as well as his openness about his conversion to the Muslim faith.
Reportedly the announcement came just a day before Ali would have turned 77. Furthermore officials said they hope to finish the process of renaming the Louisville International Airport to the Louisville Muhammad Ali International Airport by June, when the city hosts its "I Am Ali" festival in the boxer's honor. Fischer was quoted as saying by the Hill newspaper "Muhammad Ali belonged to the world, but he only had one hometown, and fortunately, that is our great city of Louisville".
Reportedly Muhammad became one of the most well-known people to ever walk the Earth and has left a legacy of humanitarianism and athleticism that has inspired billions of people. Fischer added "It is important that we, as a city, further champion the champ's legacy and the airport renaming is a wonderful next step". Moreover airport officials were currently working on receiving approval from Ali's family for use of his name, but say an agreement was near.
EPS spends 15 crores on ads! Former Tamilnadu chief minister Jayalalitha had won the 2016 elections and became the CM for the second term. However within sometime after swearing in as CM her health was affected and she was admitted to Apollo and was receiving treatment for 75 days and following treatment failure, she had passed away
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!
- Student thanks minister for slipper
- BIG BREAKING - Supreme court dismisses Vedanta 's plea to reopen #Sterlite plant in Tuticorin
- Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know
- Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!