The union government has removed special director of CBI Rakesh Asthana, just within a week of removal of his chief Alok Verma that was followed by his offering of fire services chief role and his subsequent resignation from police services.
Rakesh Asthana has been a part of lot of cases and controversies like involvement in bribery and following this today the central government has removed him from CBI besides also removing Manish Sinha and AK Sharma who were members of his team. Reportedly these measures are for appointing the new CBI director.
Months back, the then CBI chief Alok Verma filed a case against Rakesh Asthana accusing him of bribery, but Asthana had said it was Verma who took bribes. Both of them were then sent on a forced leave and last week in an unexpected manner was removed. On January 24, a special panel headed by PM will meet to appoint new CBI chief.
Donald Trump celebrates Diwali at White House on October 24 Washington sources reported that Keeping up with the tradition, US President Donald Trump will celebrate the festival of lights, Diwali at the White House on Thursday (October 24), three days prior to the beginning of the celebrations in India. Meanwhile the White House said that Trump will light the ceremonial diya on Thursday and as of now this information is only available.
- Guv made remarks on Indian Army's action against terrorist camps inside POK
- Jagan Insulted by the Central Government?
- Telangana police seizes AP CM Jagan Car
- First bitter experience for Jagan as Chief Minister at Delhi!
- Reliable Survey Agency about Huzurnagar Result
- AP Farmers exchanges Vegetables for plastic bags
- AIMPLB moves to court seeking no jail term for triple Talaq
- 52 Kgs of Plastic removed from Cow's stomach in TN
- PMC bank scam claims another life in Maharashtra
- Donald Trump humiliated NASA astronauts at ISS for being "first ever female spacewalkers"
- Did Kiran Bedi attempt to give away part of Puducherry to AP?
- IRCTC pays compensation for late running of Tejas Express
- Exit polls predicted comfortable win for BJP in Maharashtra & Haryana
- After unprovoked firing, Indian army kills many terrorists in PoK
- Temporary Crèches set up in Maharashtra booths to help women voters