Washington sources reported that H-1B workers are "frequently" placed in poor working conditions and "vulnerable to abuse", a US think tank claimed seeking reforms such as substantial increase in wages. Meanwhile in a report, the South Asia Center of the Atlantic Council also sought safeguards like providing fair working conditions, and greater employment rights for those working under the visa program.
Accordingly the report comes days after US President Donald Trump said he is soon coming out with reforms that will give H-1B visa holders certainty to stay in America and an easy pathway to citizenship. The report said the first, and most important, reform is to substantially raise the wages of H-1B workers. Furthermore if the United States is going to invite in the “best and brightest” workers, they ought to be paid in the top quartile”.
Secondly employers should demonstrate they have actively recruited US workers, and offered positions to qualified people, prior to turning to the H-1B program and thirdly the program needs an effective and efficient enforcement mechanism and further claiming that the current program compliance is complaint driven, resting almost entirely on whistleblowers to reduce fraud. This is a poor design.
Hyderabad Metro Rail overloaded due to TSRTC strike Reportedly a large number of commuters in Hyderabad on Monday took to the Metro as the ongoing strike by employees of the Telangana State Road Transport Corporation (TSRTC) intensified. Perhaps with Telangana Congress leaders and workers attempting to lay siege to Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao's residence in support of the strike, the police took a bizarre decision, to shut down
- Karnataka received excessive rainfall this year
- Did Godman Kalki fled the country, IT raids Rs.500 Crores undisclosed wealth
- Did Pakistan stop Postal Mail service between India & Pakistan?
- Two apps developed by UG students won Marconi Award
- P Chidambaram granted bail by SC in INX Media Case
- Donald Trump celebrates Diwali at White House on October 24
- Guv made remarks on Indian Army's action against terrorist camps inside POK
- Jagan Insulted by the Central Government?
- Telangana police seizes AP CM Jagan Car
- First bitter experience for Jagan as Chief Minister at Delhi!
- Reliable Survey Agency about Huzurnagar Result
- AP Farmers exchanges Vegetables for plastic bags
- AIMPLB moves to court seeking no jail term for triple Talaq
- 52 Kgs of Plastic removed from Cow's stomach in TN
- PMC bank scam claims another life in Maharashtra