Washington sources reported that H-1B workers are "frequently" placed in poor working conditions and "vulnerable to abuse", a US think tank claimed seeking reforms such as substantial increase in wages. Meanwhile in a report, the South Asia Center of the Atlantic Council also sought safeguards like providing fair working conditions, and greater employment rights for those working under the visa program.
Accordingly the report comes days after US President Donald Trump said he is soon coming out with reforms that will give H-1B visa holders certainty to stay in America and an easy pathway to citizenship. The report said the first, and most important, reform is to substantially raise the wages of H-1B workers. Furthermore if the United States is going to invite in the “best and brightest” workers, they ought to be paid in the top quartile”.
Secondly employers should demonstrate they have actively recruited US workers, and offered positions to qualified people, prior to turning to the H-1B program and thirdly the program needs an effective and efficient enforcement mechanism and further claiming that the current program compliance is complaint driven, resting almost entirely on whistleblowers to reduce fraud. This is a poor design.
EPS spends 15 crores on ads! Former Tamilnadu chief minister Jayalalitha had won the 2016 elections and became the CM for the second term. However within sometime after swearing in as CM her health was affected and she was admitted to Apollo and was receiving treatment for 75 days and following treatment failure, she had passed away
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!
- Student thanks minister for slipper
- BIG BREAKING - Supreme court dismisses Vedanta 's plea to reopen #Sterlite plant in Tuticorin
- Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know
- Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!