According to sources the mammoth 64 feet high statue of Lord Vishnu has reached Singarapettai about 60 km from Krishnagiri town and is slowly proceeding to Bengaluru. Reportedly the statue carved from a monolithic block had started its journey about a month ago. Meanwhile the splendorous statue of Vishwaroopa Mahavishnu weighing over 300 tonnes was carved out of a hillock in Korakkottai village in Vandavasi taluk of Tiruvannamalai.
Accordingly it was placed on the 240 tyre trailer, and began the journey to Bengaluru last month. Furthermore in view of its size and weight the vehicle carrying the state of the Lord had to halt at several places giving priority to vehicular traffic on the road and without causing any disturbance to the members of the public. Moreover after a halt at Senji, the statue was moved through Tiruvannamalai and has now reached Singarapettai in Krishnagiri district.
Sources said “Wherever the vehicle was stopped the villagers found it a joyous occasion to have a darshan and offered worship. Meanwhile many including women and children happily offered flowers and some even splashed vermilion and turmeric powder on the Lord and sought his blessings. Further once installed the Vishwaroopa Mahavishnu idol is likely to be the tallest one in the country.
TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8 Accordingly Tamilnadu government is going to introduce board examinations for the students of class 5 and class 8, in addition to the already existing public exams for students in classes 10, 11 and 12. Meanwhile according to a circular issued to all the district education offices, the third term exams conducted in schools will henceforth be conducted as public exams. These exams will have common question papers for all the schools in Tamilnadu.
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?