Sources from Bengaluru stated that actor Prakash Raj, who recently announced his decision to contest the coming Lok Sabha election, said he would never join any political party, alleging the parties were not honest. Accordingly Raj said he had decided to contest the election as an Independent from the Bengaluru Central constituency as "He cannot stay in any party for more than three months." "He wants to be the voice of the people".
Furthermore when asked to comment on the Congress' view that his contesting election from the Bengaluru Central constituency would weaken the secular forces, the actor said, "He welcomes secular parties supporting him but if the Congress says that he is contesting election as Independent will take away secular votes then let them support him." Further to a question, Raj said he was not averse to joining the "Mahagathbandhan", the grand alliance of anti-BJP parties against "communal" forces.
Moreover he said he decided to contest the election from Bengaluru Central because he grew up in the area where the electorate was secular in nature. Presently the Lok Sabha seat is held by the BJP's P C Mohan. Earlier Raj claimed that Bollywood filmmakers stopped offering him roles as he has been critical of the Narendra Modi led government. Hence Raj is the latest celebrity to join politics from the South after Rajinikanth and Kamal Hassan.
Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday Reportedly ahead of Former Chief Minister and AIADMK supreme Jayalalitha’s birth anniversary, the Madras High Court on Wednesday refused to relax its ban on registered political parties installing flex boards, digital banners or placards on arterial roads in or any other roads in the State. Recently a Division Bench comprising of Justices M Sathyanarayanan and M Nirmal Kumar rejected
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu