Sources from Bengaluru stated that actor Prakash Raj, who recently announced his decision to contest the coming Lok Sabha election, said he would never join any political party, alleging the parties were not honest. Accordingly Raj said he had decided to contest the election as an Independent from the Bengaluru Central constituency as "He cannot stay in any party for more than three months." "He wants to be the voice of the people".
Furthermore when asked to comment on the Congress' view that his contesting election from the Bengaluru Central constituency would weaken the secular forces, the actor said, "He welcomes secular parties supporting him but if the Congress says that he is contesting election as Independent will take away secular votes then let them support him." Further to a question, Raj said he was not averse to joining the "Mahagathbandhan", the grand alliance of anti-BJP parties against "communal" forces.
Moreover he said he decided to contest the election from Bengaluru Central because he grew up in the area where the electorate was secular in nature. Presently the Lok Sabha seat is held by the BJP's P C Mohan. Earlier Raj claimed that Bollywood filmmakers stopped offering him roles as he has been critical of the Narendra Modi led government. Hence Raj is the latest celebrity to join politics from the South after Rajinikanth and Kamal Hassan.
Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today According to sources Congress leader Rahul Gandhi will on Monday campaign for the party in Haryana and will address a public meeting in Nuh. The sources said “Gandhi will address the meeting in the afternoon and will reach Nuh in southern Haryana by road from Delhi, and the meeting was finalized after consultations with party leaders of the state”. Meanwhile Nuh is the district headquarters in the Mewat area and falls under the Gurgaon parliamentary constituency. Gandhi is also campaigning for
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach
- Bangladesh and Nepal are estimated to grow faster than India in 2019: WB
- PM Modi's translator for Chinese President was 2007 batch IFS from Chennai
- BJP released Party Manifesto for upcoming Haryana Assembly Elections
- Japan hit by biggest typhoon in decades
- India's growth rate is projected to fall to 6%, the World Bank
- Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale: Mamallapuram was chosen by India due to its rich heritage
- Why Jagan Is A Lot Better Than Chandrababu
- AP Government To Buy A Multi-Storeyed Tower At Tadepalli