Hyderabad sources reported that with the GHMC shelving its plan to revise property tax rates and focus on taxing unassessed and miscellaneous properties within the tax net. Meanwhile the assessment through satellite pictures did not prove effective and the corporation has been exploring the option of hiring a private agency to assess every property in the city and submit a report.
Furthermore officials said that the revenue staff and the ground level staff were hand in glove with several property owners and had been wrongly assessing the properties. Reportedly this in turn had led to losses of more than Rs 1,000 crore in income for the civic body. Reports added senior GHMC official said that the corporation would use satellite pictures only to capture the number of properties.
Moreover he said that the corporation had decided to hire a private agency, which had expertise in assessing the properties, which would inspect every property and assess them accurately. Further he said the corporation would bring all unassessed properties, including miscellaneous ones, into the tax net to reach the target. Hence the official said that the corporation had the potential to collect Rs.4,000 crore through property tax for every financial year if every property in the city was assessed accurately.
Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today According to sources Congress leader Rahul Gandhi will on Monday campaign for the party in Haryana and will address a public meeting in Nuh. The sources said “Gandhi will address the meeting in the afternoon and will reach Nuh in southern Haryana by road from Delhi, and the meeting was finalized after consultations with party leaders of the state”. Meanwhile Nuh is the district headquarters in the Mewat area and falls under the Gurgaon parliamentary constituency. Gandhi is also campaigning for
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach
- Bangladesh and Nepal are estimated to grow faster than India in 2019: WB
- PM Modi's translator for Chinese President was 2007 batch IFS from Chennai
- BJP released Party Manifesto for upcoming Haryana Assembly Elections
- Japan hit by biggest typhoon in decades
- India's growth rate is projected to fall to 6%, the World Bank
- Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale: Mamallapuram was chosen by India due to its rich heritage
- Why Jagan Is A Lot Better Than Chandrababu
- AP Government To Buy A Multi-Storeyed Tower At Tadepalli