Hyderabad sources reported that with the GHMC shelving its plan to revise property tax rates and focus on taxing unassessed and miscellaneous properties within the tax net. Meanwhile the assessment through satellite pictures did not prove effective and the corporation has been exploring the option of hiring a private agency to assess every property in the city and submit a report.
Furthermore officials said that the revenue staff and the ground level staff were hand in glove with several property owners and had been wrongly assessing the properties. Reportedly this in turn had led to losses of more than Rs 1,000 crore in income for the civic body. Reports added senior GHMC official said that the corporation would use satellite pictures only to capture the number of properties.
Moreover he said that the corporation had decided to hire a private agency, which had expertise in assessing the properties, which would inspect every property and assess them accurately. Further he said the corporation would bring all unassessed properties, including miscellaneous ones, into the tax net to reach the target. Hence the official said that the corporation had the potential to collect Rs.4,000 crore through property tax for every financial year if every property in the city was assessed accurately.
Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday Reportedly ahead of Former Chief Minister and AIADMK supreme Jayalalitha’s birth anniversary, the Madras High Court on Wednesday refused to relax its ban on registered political parties installing flex boards, digital banners or placards on arterial roads in or any other roads in the State. Recently a Division Bench comprising of Justices M Sathyanarayanan and M Nirmal Kumar rejected
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu