Chennai sources stated that the Chennai city traffic police have announced some route changes around Kamarajar Salai on the days building up the Republic Day parade. Meanwhile a press release from the police department said the stretch of Kamarajar Salai from Lighthouse up to War Memorial will be closed for all the vehicles from 6 am to 10 am on January 22, 24 and 26.
Accordingly all vehicles, including MTC buses coming from Adyar towards Broadway on Kamarajar Salai, will be diverted at Santhome High Road and Kutchery Road junction. Reportedly MTC buses from Radhakrishnan Salai to Gandhi Statue will be diverted via Royapettah High Road. Meanwhile MTC bus route no 21-G going from Luz junction to Gandhi Statue will be diverted via Nilgiris Junction- Whites Road, Smith Road, Anna Salai and reach Broadway. 12 G and 45 B will be diverted via Nilgiris Junction-left-Music Academy, Royapettah hospital, Royapettah tower clock, Whites Road, Anna Salai, Walajah Road to reach Anna Square. Vehicles will not be allowed beyond RK Salai and Dr Natesan Road and Avvai Shanmugam Salai junction towards Gandhi Statue on Kamarajar Salai.
Apparently vehicles coming from Dr Besant Road towards Kamarajar Salai will be diverted at Dr Besant Road Rountana towards Icehouse junction. Vehicles plying beyond Bharathi Salai and Bells Roads will be diverted towards Bells Road. Anna Square bus terminus will be temporarily shifted to Wallajah Road. Moreover vehicles coming from Parry’s Corner to Adyar will be diverted at RBI subway (north) towards Raja Annamalai Mandram.
TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8 Accordingly Tamilnadu government is going to introduce board examinations for the students of class 5 and class 8, in addition to the already existing public exams for students in classes 10, 11 and 12. Meanwhile according to a circular issued to all the district education offices, the third term exams conducted in schools will henceforth be conducted as public exams. These exams will have common question papers for all the schools in Tamilnadu.
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?