Acclaimed actress Swara Bhaskar, known for her performances in movie like Dhanush's big Bollywood debut Raanjhana, Tanu Weds Manu series, Nil Batte Sanatta, Guzaarish and Anarkali ki Aaraah, said that it had taken more than 6 to 8 years for her to actually realize she was sexually harassed.
As per report Swara had opened up the topic during her speech in a discussion by a panel on Hollywood's Harvey Weinstein case, where the actress revealed being harassed by a director(whom she did not name) adding that only after months she realized it was a case of workplace harassment, though she escaped untouched by the predator.
Swara said that the awareness must increase and the current culture gives power and influence to such predators besides also not teaching the girl children on understanding that this is a predator's nature and behavior. Meanwhile she said this culture and the hostility prevailing in the society is what makes women avoid going for legal action.
TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8 Accordingly Tamilnadu government is going to introduce board examinations for the students of class 5 and class 8, in addition to the already existing public exams for students in classes 10, 11 and 12. Meanwhile according to a circular issued to all the district education offices, the third term exams conducted in schools will henceforth be conducted as public exams. These exams will have common question papers for all the schools in Tamilnadu.
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?