Hyderabad sources reported that Cyberabad traffic police officials held a safety review meeting with officials from Swiggy, Zomato and Uber Eats following complaints from road users regarding traffic rule violations by food delivery personnel. Accordingly the complaints included drunken driving, rash driving, driving in the wrong direction signal jumping, indiscriminate honking, lane indiscipline, cell phone usage and number plate tampering.
Meanwhile Cyberabad DCP S.M. Vijay Kumar asked the companies to take discourage their personnel from breaking traffic rules. Furthermore Mr. Kumar said a mechanism for taking stringent action against repeat traffic rule violators based on a points system has been proposed. Reportedly he said other measures like a system for background verification of the food delivery personnel, maintenance of customer data, behavioral and traffic training and grievance redressal mechanism for the public were discussed.
Moreover the companies assured the police of taking all measures to ensure public safety on the roads and traffic discipline. Further they agreed to put in place a system for continuous surveillance of their personnel.
TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8 Accordingly Tamilnadu government is going to introduce board examinations for the students of class 5 and class 8, in addition to the already existing public exams for students in classes 10, 11 and 12. Meanwhile according to a circular issued to all the district education offices, the third term exams conducted in schools will henceforth be conducted as public exams. These exams will have common question papers for all the schools in Tamilnadu.
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?