According to sources Rythu Raksha is a scheme aimed at providing input subsidy for farmers in Andhra Pradesh. Meanwhile the Government has proposed to credit the money directly into the bank account of farmers and the scheme will be implemented from the next Kharif season in a phased manner. Hence this scheme will also include tenant farmers. Furthermore the guidelines for the scheme was finalized in yesterday's Cabinet meeting, said an official on condition of anonymity.
Reportedly the government is mulling to credit Rs.10, 000 per year per acre into farmers' accounts as part of the Rythu Raksha scheme. Moreover political observers have pointed out that AP's Rythu Raksha scheme has been designed on the lines of Telangana's Rythu Bandhu scheme which provides financial help of Rs 4,000 per acre per annum, to farmers, for purchasing inputs like seeds, fertilizers, pesticides, labor and other investments.
Previously Telangana government has announced that it will hike the amount to Rs. 10,000 from next fiscal, the TDP government said it roll out the scheme soon staring with Rs. 10,000 per farmer per acre. Moreover with elections just round the corner, looks like Andhra Pradesh has taken a cue from Telangana government's appeasement tactics to retain power in the state in the Assembly elections.
EPS spends 15 crores on ads! Former Tamilnadu chief minister Jayalalitha had won the 2016 elections and became the CM for the second term. However within sometime after swearing in as CM her health was affected and she was admitted to Apollo and was receiving treatment for 75 days and following treatment failure, she had passed away
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!
- Student thanks minister for slipper
- BIG BREAKING - Supreme court dismisses Vedanta 's plea to reopen #Sterlite plant in Tuticorin
- Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know
- Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!