According to sources Rythu Raksha is a scheme aimed at providing input subsidy for farmers in Andhra Pradesh. Meanwhile the Government has proposed to credit the money directly into the bank account of farmers and the scheme will be implemented from the next Kharif season in a phased manner. Hence this scheme will also include tenant farmers. Furthermore the guidelines for the scheme was finalized in yesterday's Cabinet meeting, said an official on condition of anonymity.
Reportedly the government is mulling to credit Rs.10, 000 per year per acre into farmers' accounts as part of the Rythu Raksha scheme. Moreover political observers have pointed out that AP's Rythu Raksha scheme has been designed on the lines of Telangana's Rythu Bandhu scheme which provides financial help of Rs 4,000 per acre per annum, to farmers, for purchasing inputs like seeds, fertilizers, pesticides, labor and other investments.
Previously Telangana government has announced that it will hike the amount to Rs. 10,000 from next fiscal, the TDP government said it roll out the scheme soon staring with Rs. 10,000 per farmer per acre. Moreover with elections just round the corner, looks like Andhra Pradesh has taken a cue from Telangana government's appeasement tactics to retain power in the state in the Assembly elections.
Hyderabad Metro Rail overloaded due to TSRTC strike Reportedly a large number of commuters in Hyderabad on Monday took to the Metro as the ongoing strike by employees of the Telangana State Road Transport Corporation (TSRTC) intensified. Perhaps with Telangana Congress leaders and workers attempting to lay siege to Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao's residence in support of the strike, the police took a bizarre decision, to shut down
- Karnataka received excessive rainfall this year
- Did Godman Kalki fled the country, IT raids Rs.500 Crores undisclosed wealth
- Did Pakistan stop Postal Mail service between India & Pakistan?
- Two apps developed by UG students won Marconi Award
- P Chidambaram granted bail by SC in INX Media Case
- Donald Trump celebrates Diwali at White House on October 24
- Guv made remarks on Indian Army's action against terrorist camps inside POK
- Jagan Insulted by the Central Government?
- Telangana police seizes AP CM Jagan Car
- First bitter experience for Jagan as Chief Minister at Delhi!
- Reliable Survey Agency about Huzurnagar Result
- AP Farmers exchanges Vegetables for plastic bags
- AIMPLB moves to court seeking no jail term for triple Talaq
- 52 Kgs of Plastic removed from Cow's stomach in TN
- PMC bank scam claims another life in Maharashtra