According to sources Defense Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said Prime Minister Narendra Modi is fulfilling the dreams of former Chief Ministers: M.G. Ramachandran and J. Jayalalitha in taking the State on a growth trajectory. She said while addressing the gathering at the inaugural of projects for TN Defense Industrial Corridor “Minister (Vellamandi) Natarajan said that Puratchi Thalaivar MGR and Amma’s dreams of developing Tiruchy must be fulfilled. She would like to say something about that. From MGR’s period and Amma’s period, after asking around a lot to the Central Governments, now it is only Modi who is fulfilling those dreams today”.
Meanwhile development of this corridor will not only help in accelerated growth and regional industry agglomeration, but will also facilitate a well-planned and efficient industrial base which will lead to increased defense production in the country and the region.
Moreover large conglomerates like Lockheed Martin and LMW have also announced their intentions to invest in the corridors. Apparently Sitharaman also launched the “CODISSIA Defense Innovation and Incubation Centre” to support the MSMEs, start-ups and existing industries in their endeavor to expand and contribute significantly for defense indigenization and other areas.
EPS spends 15 crores on ads! Former Tamilnadu chief minister Jayalalitha had won the 2016 elections and became the CM for the second term. However within sometime after swearing in as CM her health was affected and she was admitted to Apollo and was receiving treatment for 75 days and following treatment failure, she had passed away
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!
- Student thanks minister for slipper
- BIG BREAKING - Supreme court dismisses Vedanta 's plea to reopen #Sterlite plant in Tuticorin
- Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know
- Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!