As per report the cough syrup which should have compounds like codeine and dextromethorphan hydrobromide was labeled as Povidone Iodine, which is used as an anti-microbial solution by hospitals before surgeries. Meanwhile Tamilnadu Medical Services Corporation (TNMSC) Managing Director P Umanath attributed the confusion to errors in labeling, including the logos.
Furthermore he told that the manufacturer of the item was the supplier for both Tamilnadu and Rajasthan and that he had mislabeled the iodine solution to be supplied to Rajasthan with the logo of Tamilnadu. Reportedly Umanath also stated that the manufacturer had already recalled the mislabeled medicines from Rajasthan and that the Rajasthan government might take action on him for the mix-up. Moreover he also said that the TNMSC will impose a fine on the manufacturer for misusing the state government’s logo.
Previously TNMSC stopped buying combination drugs since September 2018 after the Central government banned them due to increasing antibiotic resistance on account of multiple drugs being consumed by the people. Moreover the Central government last week banned 80 more Fixed Dose Combination drugs including painkillers and antibiotics and drug manufacturers have approached the Supreme Court against the ban and the case is pending.
Karnataka received excessive rainfall this year According to sources in the last 24 hours, 27 districts, 142 taluks and 549 hoblis received excess rainfall, as per data compiled by the Karnataka State Natural Disaster Monitoring Centre (KSNDMC). Meanwhile at least two deaths were reported due to the excess rainfall in Koppal district.
- Did Godman Kalki fled the country, IT raids Rs.500 Crores undisclosed wealth
- Did Pakistan stop Postal Mail service between India & Pakistan?
- Two apps developed by UG students won Marconi Award
- P Chidambaram granted bail by SC in INX Media Case
- Donald Trump celebrates Diwali at White House on October 24
- Guv made remarks on Indian Army's action against terrorist camps inside POK
- Jagan Insulted by the Central Government?
- Telangana police seizes AP CM Jagan Car
- First bitter experience for Jagan as Chief Minister at Delhi!
- Reliable Survey Agency about Huzurnagar Result
- AP Farmers exchanges Vegetables for plastic bags
- AIMPLB moves to court seeking no jail term for triple Talaq
- 52 Kgs of Plastic removed from Cow's stomach in TN
- PMC bank scam claims another life in Maharashtra
- Donald Trump humiliated NASA astronauts at ISS for being "first ever female spacewalkers"