As per report India's first ever all women political party the National Women's Party (NWP) was launched on Monday in Mumbai and it will contest half 283 of the 545 Lok Sabha seats in the 2019 elections. Meanwhile the NWP, described as "a party of mothers", has been founded by a medico and social activist, (Dr) Shwetha Shetty, and will strive for 50% reservation for women in the lower House.
Furthermore Shetty told the media persons at the formal kick-start in Mumbai our ideology is to remove gender disparity in politics and thus create equal importance for females in the patriarchal Indian society". Reportedly she pointed out that the battle to get reservations in Parliament but the fact is that we continue in a society where most political decisions are taken by males, with females not having an equal say in Parliament, thus diminishing the possibility of "women empowerment".
Shetty said "The party will open a Youth Parliament which would be political school for women in every state in the country to provide academic and practical training and exhort them to become involved in the country's political process.
Is it Self Dismiss? Or Self-Goal? TSRTC strike has reached to 11th day. Though Unions send signals on delegations on their demands, TRS Government doesn’t show much interest to resolve the issue. Adding to that, statements of Telangana Ministers were added fuel to fire.
- PM Modi addressed rally at Kurukshetra in support of BJP candidate for Haryana assembly election
- HAL Employees to continue indefinite strike, talks failed
- Chennai will finally get a mayor after a gap of Eight years
- Reliance Jio unveiled an AI based Video Call Assistant (Bot) at India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2019
- Jagan Becoming Headache To KCR
- Heavy rain likely to lash Coastal AP: IMD
- Delhi Pollution Control Committee started night patrolling to prevent dust emission
- Why Pakistan is isolated by all countries in FATF?
- Jagan Proves To Be Rightful Than Chandrababu
- IRCTC IPO subscribed nearly 112 times on back of strong demand across investor categories
- Quality of Air in Delhi is very poor
- Mobile Phones rings in Kashmir Valley after 68 days
- 10,000 HAL workers begins their Indefinite Strike
- 4 National Level Hockey Players died in car crash in MP
- PM Modi has 30 Million followers on Instagram