Accordingly the Andhra Pradesh government on Monday approved a proposal to grant 5% quota to the Kapu community in the state, days after the Centre recently passed a Bill to provide 10% reservation to Economically Backward Classes (EBCs) from the general category in jobs and education. Meanwhile the decision to ensure that half of the quota under the EBC category is reserved for Kapus was taken after a state cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu.
When speaking to reporters, state I&PR Minister Kalava Srinivasulu said, "If we were to look at those who can be classified as economically backward, it is clear that there are many people from the Kapu community. We have a Commission report to show this on paper and the other communities will also get justice because they will also get the remaining half of the EBC quota.”
Moreover the TDP also seems to be taking yet another step in tapping into the Kapu vote as it is attempting to lure senior leader Vangaveeti Radha, the son of late Kapu leader and Congress MLA Vangaveeti Mohana Ranga, to join the party. Furthermore insiders say that the YSRCP leadership considered Vishnu, a Brahmin, as the community is a considerable vote bank in the constituency.
Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday Reportedly ahead of Former Chief Minister and AIADMK supreme Jayalalitha’s birth anniversary, the Madras High Court on Wednesday refused to relax its ban on registered political parties installing flex boards, digital banners or placards on arterial roads in or any other roads in the State. Recently a Division Bench comprising of Justices M Sathyanarayanan and M Nirmal Kumar rejected
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu