Accordingly the Andhra Pradesh government on Monday approved a proposal to grant 5% quota to the Kapu community in the state, days after the Centre recently passed a Bill to provide 10% reservation to Economically Backward Classes (EBCs) from the general category in jobs and education. Meanwhile the decision to ensure that half of the quota under the EBC category is reserved for Kapus was taken after a state cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu.
When speaking to reporters, state I&PR Minister Kalava Srinivasulu said, "If we were to look at those who can be classified as economically backward, it is clear that there are many people from the Kapu community. We have a Commission report to show this on paper and the other communities will also get justice because they will also get the remaining half of the EBC quota.”
Moreover the TDP also seems to be taking yet another step in tapping into the Kapu vote as it is attempting to lure senior leader Vangaveeti Radha, the son of late Kapu leader and Congress MLA Vangaveeti Mohana Ranga, to join the party. Furthermore insiders say that the YSRCP leadership considered Vishnu, a Brahmin, as the community is a considerable vote bank in the constituency.
Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today According to sources Congress leader Rahul Gandhi will on Monday campaign for the party in Haryana and will address a public meeting in Nuh. The sources said “Gandhi will address the meeting in the afternoon and will reach Nuh in southern Haryana by road from Delhi, and the meeting was finalized after consultations with party leaders of the state”. Meanwhile Nuh is the district headquarters in the Mewat area and falls under the Gurgaon parliamentary constituency. Gandhi is also campaigning for
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach
- Bangladesh and Nepal are estimated to grow faster than India in 2019: WB
- PM Modi's translator for Chinese President was 2007 batch IFS from Chennai
- BJP released Party Manifesto for upcoming Haryana Assembly Elections
- Japan hit by biggest typhoon in decades
- India's growth rate is projected to fall to 6%, the World Bank
- Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale: Mamallapuram was chosen by India due to its rich heritage
- Why Jagan Is A Lot Better Than Chandrababu
- AP Government To Buy A Multi-Storeyed Tower At Tadepalli