Accordingly once the darling of Indian Smartphone users, desi brands like Micromax, Karbonn, Lava, Intex and few others have nearly been decimated by affordable yet powerful devices from the Chinese vendors that have flooded both online and offline channels. Earlier in the 2013-2014 period, the domestic brands gained great traction and enjoyed 40-45% market share till the time Chinese behemoths entered the fray.
It was led by Xiaomi, the China based manufacturers registered 58% market share while Indian local brands had a mere 13% market share in the third quarter (July-August-September) of 2018. According to latest figures shared by Counterpoint Research riding on the success of its budget Redmi series, Xiaomi touched a new high in the third quarter of 2018 in India.
Presently smart phones contribute to over 90% of the sale volume for Xiaomi in India and recently, the company entered into new segments like TVs, routers and air purifiers etc which got popular too. Moreover with the revised government policies on e-commerce players and level playing game for all ecosystem channel partners, offline will continue to remain relevant along with a power play game in the online channel too for all the smart phone players.
Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday Reportedly ahead of Former Chief Minister and AIADMK supreme Jayalalitha’s birth anniversary, the Madras High Court on Wednesday refused to relax its ban on registered political parties installing flex boards, digital banners or placards on arterial roads in or any other roads in the State. Recently a Division Bench comprising of Justices M Sathyanarayanan and M Nirmal Kumar rejected
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu