Accordingly once the darling of Indian Smartphone users, desi brands like Micromax, Karbonn, Lava, Intex and few others have nearly been decimated by affordable yet powerful devices from the Chinese vendors that have flooded both online and offline channels. Earlier in the 2013-2014 period, the domestic brands gained great traction and enjoyed 40-45% market share till the time Chinese behemoths entered the fray.
It was led by Xiaomi, the China based manufacturers registered 58% market share while Indian local brands had a mere 13% market share in the third quarter (July-August-September) of 2018. According to latest figures shared by Counterpoint Research riding on the success of its budget Redmi series, Xiaomi touched a new high in the third quarter of 2018 in India.
Presently smart phones contribute to over 90% of the sale volume for Xiaomi in India and recently, the company entered into new segments like TVs, routers and air purifiers etc which got popular too. Moreover with the revised government policies on e-commerce players and level playing game for all ecosystem channel partners, offline will continue to remain relevant along with a power play game in the online channel too for all the smart phone players.
BJP not yet projected any chief ministerial face for upcoming Assembly polls in Delhi Reportedly in Delhi, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has not yet projected any chief ministerial face for the upcoming Assembly polls, which are due by the end of 2019 or early next year. Meanwhile the party appears to be relying on Prime Minister Narendra Modi's charisma to take on the ruling Aam Aadmi Party (AAP). Furthermore Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal is the AAP's face for the Assembly
- Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach
- Bangladesh and Nepal are estimated to grow faster than India in 2019: WB
- PM Modi's translator for Chinese President was 2007 batch IFS from Chennai
- BJP released Party Manifesto for upcoming Haryana Assembly Elections
- Japan hit by biggest typhoon in decades
- India's growth rate is projected to fall to 6%, the World Bank
- Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale: Mamallapuram was chosen by India due to its rich heritage
- Why Jagan Is A Lot Better Than Chandrababu