Sources from Amaravathi stated that the Union announced the same after a meeting with the Joint Action Committee (JAC) yesterday and announced the call for the strike. Meanwhile the APSRTC Employees’ Union said that the state government and the management were not responding to their demands which had been pending for a long time, forcing them to take this step.
Meanwhile the Union said that citing financial crisis, RTC Vice-Chairman and Managing Director NV Surendra Babu had come up with a fitment formula of 20% against the demand of 50 % and they also asked for a tax holiday to be given to APSRTC. Furthermore blaming the policies of the State government for losses incurred by the RTC, he said employees had no role to play in this. Further they said the corporation earned revenue of Rs 2,000 crore in 2018 and about 10,000 employees retired from their service.
Moreover he added that the RTC employees were being paid 20 to 30 % less when compared to State government employees. Reportedly in this scenario, the management should come up with measures to implement the new pay revision with effect from April 2017. Hence with the State government and the RTC management failing to heed to their demands, the Union has called for the statewide strike they said.
TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8 Accordingly Tamilnadu government is going to introduce board examinations for the students of class 5 and class 8, in addition to the already existing public exams for students in classes 10, 11 and 12. Meanwhile according to a circular issued to all the district education offices, the third term exams conducted in schools will henceforth be conducted as public exams. These exams will have common question papers for all the schools in Tamilnadu.
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?