Priyanka Gandhi Vadra has made an entry to active politics a little ahead of the upcoming Lok Sabha elections, as she has been appointed as the Congress General Secretary for Uttar Pradesh. In a press release from the Congress party, it was announced today that she had been given the critical post after being appointed by the party president, her brother Rahul Gandhi.
The 47 year old Priyanka Gandhi Vadra was active in the constituencies of her family members Sonia Gandhi (Raebareli) and brother Rahul Gandhi (Amethi) in her career so far in politics. Congress tweeted that they are fired and ready to go and congratulated Priyanka for her new post and also Jyotiraditya Scindia who will be the General Secretary for West Uttar Pradesh.
Rahul Gandhi who made the announcement said that Priyanka is a capable leader and that he's happy to work with her and also termed Jyotiraditya Scindia as a dynamic leader.
EPS spends 15 crores on ads! Former Tamilnadu chief minister Jayalalitha had won the 2016 elections and became the CM for the second term. However within sometime after swearing in as CM her health was affected and she was admitted to Apollo and was receiving treatment for 75 days and following treatment failure, she had passed away
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!
- Student thanks minister for slipper
- BIG BREAKING - Supreme court dismisses Vedanta 's plea to reopen #Sterlite plant in Tuticorin
- Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know
- Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!