Sources from Lucknow stated that Priyanka Gandhi Vadra, considered for long the trump card of the Congress, was pitched into politics today from politically vital Uttar Pradesh, a state that's considered the gateway to Delhi. Furthermore winning Uttar Pradesh is vital for any party that plans to capture power at the Centre, but with the state currently dominated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and BJP powerhouse Yogi Adityanath, it could turn out to be the toughest battle for the united opposition.
Accordingly the Prime Minister's constituency is Varanasi, considered the heart of eastern Uttar Pradesh, and it is that area where Priyanka Gandhi has been made in-charge. Reportedly Eastern Uttar Pradesh is also the political and spiritual headquarters of Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath the saffron robed Chief Minister is the in-charge of the Gorakhpur math.
Moreover the Congress decision to contest all 80 seats in the state comes as Team Mayawati - a combination of the Dalit leader, Samajwadi chief Akhilesh Yadav and Rashtriya Lok Dal chief Ajit Singh are busy carving out the state among themselves. Further Priyanka Gandhi's earlier involvement in the elections in her home constituencies, however, has not yielded the desired results, while the Congress has managed to retain both Lok Sabha seats, it has lost a majority of the 10 assembly seats that come in that area.
BJP not yet projected any chief ministerial face for upcoming Assembly polls in Delhi Reportedly in Delhi, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has not yet projected any chief ministerial face for the upcoming Assembly polls, which are due by the end of 2019 or early next year. Meanwhile the party appears to be relying on Prime Minister Narendra Modi's charisma to take on the ruling Aam Aadmi Party (AAP). Furthermore Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal is the AAP's face for the Assembly
- Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach
- Bangladesh and Nepal are estimated to grow faster than India in 2019: WB
- PM Modi's translator for Chinese President was 2007 batch IFS from Chennai
- BJP released Party Manifesto for upcoming Haryana Assembly Elections
- Japan hit by biggest typhoon in decades
- India's growth rate is projected to fall to 6%, the World Bank
- Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale: Mamallapuram was chosen by India due to its rich heritage
- Why Jagan Is A Lot Better Than Chandrababu