Reportedly after being unable to make a deposit in Andhra Pradesh in the 2014 elections following the seething anger over bifurcation of the state, the Congress party is gearing up with new vigour for the 2019 Assembly and Lok Sabha elections. Meanwhile with Priyanka Gandhi’s official entry into the party and with hopes of revival in the state, the Congress is in high spirits and it has decided to contest the state Assembly and Lok Sabha polls alone this time.
Further explaining this, AICC general secretary Ommen Chandy who has been appointed in-charge of AP affairs for the upcoming elections, said "The Congress Party will contest all 175 assembly and 25 Lok Sabha seats. We allied with the TDP only at the national level. So, we will contest alone in the state, without an alliance," he said, addressing the media, along with APCC Chief Raghuveera Reddy.
Moreover the YSR Congress was quick to comment that the Congress and TDP have done match fixing. They say that it could be a trick to "fool people into believing that they are not together." Reportedly on the other hand, Congress going solo could also eat into the vote bank of YSR Congress, which is its main worry. Apparently the Congress Committee will meet again on January 31st to plot their further course of action for the elections.
Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today According to sources Congress leader Rahul Gandhi will on Monday campaign for the party in Haryana and will address a public meeting in Nuh. The sources said “Gandhi will address the meeting in the afternoon and will reach Nuh in southern Haryana by road from Delhi, and the meeting was finalized after consultations with party leaders of the state”. Meanwhile Nuh is the district headquarters in the Mewat area and falls under the Gurgaon parliamentary constituency. Gandhi is also campaigning for
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach
- Bangladesh and Nepal are estimated to grow faster than India in 2019: WB
- PM Modi's translator for Chinese President was 2007 batch IFS from Chennai
- BJP released Party Manifesto for upcoming Haryana Assembly Elections
- Japan hit by biggest typhoon in decades
- India's growth rate is projected to fall to 6%, the World Bank
- Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale: Mamallapuram was chosen by India due to its rich heritage
- Why Jagan Is A Lot Better Than Chandrababu
- AP Government To Buy A Multi-Storeyed Tower At Tadepalli