Reportedly after being unable to make a deposit in Andhra Pradesh in the 2014 elections following the seething anger over bifurcation of the state, the Congress party is gearing up with new vigour for the 2019 Assembly and Lok Sabha elections. Meanwhile with Priyanka Gandhi’s official entry into the party and with hopes of revival in the state, the Congress is in high spirits and it has decided to contest the state Assembly and Lok Sabha polls alone this time.
Further explaining this, AICC general secretary Ommen Chandy who has been appointed in-charge of AP affairs for the upcoming elections, said "The Congress Party will contest all 175 assembly and 25 Lok Sabha seats. We allied with the TDP only at the national level. So, we will contest alone in the state, without an alliance," he said, addressing the media, along with APCC Chief Raghuveera Reddy.
Moreover the YSR Congress was quick to comment that the Congress and TDP have done match fixing. They say that it could be a trick to "fool people into believing that they are not together." Reportedly on the other hand, Congress going solo could also eat into the vote bank of YSR Congress, which is its main worry. Apparently the Congress Committee will meet again on January 31st to plot their further course of action for the elections.
Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know Cryptocurrency is a digital currency which is a medium of exchange. The transactions are verified and secured through cryptographic Methods, cryptocurrencies are made as database entries which can't be modified without meeting specific requirements.
- Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million