Reportedly as Tamilnadu’s Jallikattu season comes to an end, the Madurai bench of the Madras High Court has ordered the Chief Secretary to consider providing insurance for the participants of the sport from next year. Meanwhile the order came on a Public Interest Litigation filed by a Madurai based advocate Muthukumar.
Furthermore in his petition, he had stated that Tamilnadu hosts Jallikattu in many towns and villages and that the sport ends up injuring or killing people every year accidentally. Accordingly the petitioner submitted that chariot festivals in temples are conducted after taking a Public Risk Liability Non-Industrial Insurance policy to help those who accidentally get hurt by the festival and a similar procedure must be followed while conducting Jallikattu as well.
Moreover the council also assured that in the future, permission to conduct Jallikattu will be granted only if the organizers submit the copy of the policy taken for the entire event. Reports added that Jallikattu, which was earlier banned by the Supreme Court, was permitted after the Tamilnadu government passed an ordinance in 2017 in the wake of massive protests.
Chiranjeevi To Bridge The Gap Between Tollywood and Jagan Megastar Chiranjeevi along with his wife Surekha Konidela met Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy at the Chief Minister's official residence in Tadepalli on Monday as a courtesy call. This is the first time that the Chiranjeevi or for that matter, any Telugu Film Industry Biggie met him after YS Jagan took charge.
- Is it Self Dismiss? Or Self-Goal?
- PM Modi addressed rally at Kurukshetra in support of BJP candidate for Haryana assembly election
- HAL Employees to continue indefinite strike, talks failed
- Chennai will finally get a mayor after a gap of Eight years
- Reliance Jio unveiled an AI based Video Call Assistant (Bot) at India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2019
- Jagan Becoming Headache To KCR
- Heavy rain likely to lash Coastal AP: IMD
- Delhi Pollution Control Committee started night patrolling to prevent dust emission
- Why Pakistan is isolated by all countries in FATF?
- Jagan Proves To Be Rightful Than Chandrababu
- IRCTC IPO subscribed nearly 112 times on back of strong demand across investor categories
- Quality of Air in Delhi is very poor
- Mobile Phones rings in Kashmir Valley after 68 days
- 10,000 HAL workers begins their Indefinite Strike
- 4 National Level Hockey Players died in car crash in MP