The Income Tax Department has made a shocking revelation that the Poes Garden residence that was owned by the late former Tamil Nadu chief minister Jayalalitha was frozen years ago and that the department is controlling the property currently. With plans by the government to convert the Poes garden house into a govt memorial and with conflicts on the same between political parties as well as opposition from public this information has come out.
Earlier a case was filed in the Chennai Egmore high court against the decision to convert Poes garden veda illam into memorial and the court had sought response from IT department, following which they have revealed that due to pending 10.13 crores asset tax.
Income tax of 6.62 crores, her 4 properties including Poes garden property, shop near Gemini flyover and Hyderabad property were frozen and taken control by IT In 2007 itself adding that if the taxes are paid, they don't have issues with memorial. Following this the court has asked TN govt to answer within 2 weeks on the person who's going to take the responsibility to pay the pending taxes.
Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday Reportedly ahead of Former Chief Minister and AIADMK supreme Jayalalitha’s birth anniversary, the Madras High Court on Wednesday refused to relax its ban on registered political parties installing flex boards, digital banners or placards on arterial roads in or any other roads in the State. Recently a Division Bench comprising of Justices M Sathyanarayanan and M Nirmal Kumar rejected
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu