The Income Tax Department has made a shocking revelation that the Poes Garden residence that was owned by the late former Tamil Nadu chief minister Jayalalitha was frozen years ago and that the department is controlling the property currently. With plans by the government to convert the Poes garden house into a govt memorial and with conflicts on the same between political parties as well as opposition from public this information has come out.
Earlier a case was filed in the Chennai Egmore high court against the decision to convert Poes garden veda illam into memorial and the court had sought response from IT department, following which they have revealed that due to pending 10.13 crores asset tax.
Income tax of 6.62 crores, her 4 properties including Poes garden property, shop near Gemini flyover and Hyderabad property were frozen and taken control by IT In 2007 itself adding that if the taxes are paid, they don't have issues with memorial. Following this the court has asked TN govt to answer within 2 weeks on the person who's going to take the responsibility to pay the pending taxes.
Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case Reportedly in the sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case that is unfolding in Kerala, investigating authorities have said that they have made a few crucial findings over the past few days. Meanwhile Kozhikode rural Superintendent of Police KG Simon confirmed that 47 year old Jolly had read extensively about cyanide and how it is used before allegedly poisoning the six members of her family.
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach
- Bangladesh and Nepal are estimated to grow faster than India in 2019: WB
- PM Modi's translator for Chinese President was 2007 batch IFS from Chennai
- BJP released Party Manifesto for upcoming Haryana Assembly Elections
- Japan hit by biggest typhoon in decades
- India's growth rate is projected to fall to 6%, the World Bank
- Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale: Mamallapuram was chosen by India due to its rich heritage
- Why Jagan Is A Lot Better Than Chandrababu
- AP Government To Buy A Multi-Storeyed Tower At Tadepalli
- Indo-US joint military training in Seattle from 13 Oct