Jacto Geo strike has been in progress across the state, and this has been impacting the normalcy of lives and the road and traffic conditions across the state. Since January 22 employees of state government employees are on a strike as their demands pertaining to pension and salary arrears weren't met.
After the joint action committee of Tamil Nadu Teachers organization along with the Government employees’ organization had announced the strike, teachers and TN government employees started a rigorous indefinite strike on 22 January and they are demanding scrapping of the complementary pension scheme besides implementing and clearing the 21 months salary arrears settlement.
Earlier the TN Chief Secretary Girija Vaidyanathan had said that this is an offence to participate in the strike and that participants will lose jobs, but the protest has turned aggressive with govt employees protesting without rest, and causing troubles to general public by blocking roads and traffic jams have become common across the state, impacting the daily chores of people and working class. There were more than 500 arrests since yesterday in places like Chennai, Coimbatore and many cities after govt employees protested.
Hyderabad Metro Rail overloaded due to TSRTC strike Reportedly a large number of commuters in Hyderabad on Monday took to the Metro as the ongoing strike by employees of the Telangana State Road Transport Corporation (TSRTC) intensified. Perhaps with Telangana Congress leaders and workers attempting to lay siege to Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao's residence in support of the strike, the police took a bizarre decision, to shut down
- Karnataka received excessive rainfall this year
- Did Godman Kalki fled the country, IT raids Rs.500 Crores undisclosed wealth
- Did Pakistan stop Postal Mail service between India & Pakistan?
- Two apps developed by UG students won Marconi Award
- P Chidambaram granted bail by SC in INX Media Case
- Donald Trump celebrates Diwali at White House on October 24
- Guv made remarks on Indian Army's action against terrorist camps inside POK
- Jagan Insulted by the Central Government?
- Telangana police seizes AP CM Jagan Car
- First bitter experience for Jagan as Chief Minister at Delhi!
- Reliable Survey Agency about Huzurnagar Result
- AP Farmers exchanges Vegetables for plastic bags
- AIMPLB moves to court seeking no jail term for triple Talaq
- 52 Kgs of Plastic removed from Cow's stomach in TN
- PMC bank scam claims another life in Maharashtra