Davos sources added that Billionaire investor George Soros has used his annual speech at the World Economic Forum here in Switzerland to launch a scathing attack on China and its President Xi Jinping. Reportedly Soros warned on Thursday that artificial intelligence and machine learning could be used to entrench totalitarian control in the country, which has presented an "unprecedented danger".
He said hinting at Vladimir Putin in Russia "China is not the only authoritarian regime in the world but it is the wealthiest, strongest and technologically most advanced. This makes Xi Jinping the most dangerous opponent of open societies”. Earlier in 2018, the Hungarian-born philanthropist had used his Davos speech to lam-bast tech giants such as Facebook, and what he considered to be their corrosive effect on democratic systems.
He added "It was designed to promote the interests of China, not the interests of the recipient countries and its ambitious infrastructure projects were mainly financed by loans, not by grants, and foreign officials were often bribed to accept them." Moreover Soros cautioned that repressive regimes could utilize technology to control their citizens, in what he called "a mortal threat to open societies".
TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8 Accordingly Tamilnadu government is going to introduce board examinations for the students of class 5 and class 8, in addition to the already existing public exams for students in classes 10, 11 and 12. Meanwhile according to a circular issued to all the district education offices, the third term exams conducted in schools will henceforth be conducted as public exams. These exams will have common question papers for all the schools in Tamilnadu.
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?