Davos sources added that Billionaire investor George Soros has used his annual speech at the World Economic Forum here in Switzerland to launch a scathing attack on China and its President Xi Jinping. Reportedly Soros warned on Thursday that artificial intelligence and machine learning could be used to entrench totalitarian control in the country, which has presented an "unprecedented danger".
He said hinting at Vladimir Putin in Russia "China is not the only authoritarian regime in the world but it is the wealthiest, strongest and technologically most advanced. This makes Xi Jinping the most dangerous opponent of open societies”. Earlier in 2018, the Hungarian-born philanthropist had used his Davos speech to lam-bast tech giants such as Facebook, and what he considered to be their corrosive effect on democratic systems.
He added "It was designed to promote the interests of China, not the interests of the recipient countries and its ambitious infrastructure projects were mainly financed by loans, not by grants, and foreign officials were often bribed to accept them." Moreover Soros cautioned that repressive regimes could utilize technology to control their citizens, in what he called "a mortal threat to open societies".
Is it Self Dismiss? Or Self-Goal? TSRTC strike has reached to 11th day. Though Unions send signals on delegations on their demands, TRS Government doesn’t show much interest to resolve the issue. Adding to that, statements of Telangana Ministers were added fuel to fire.
- PM Modi addressed rally at Kurukshetra in support of BJP candidate for Haryana assembly election
- HAL Employees to continue indefinite strike, talks failed
- Chennai will finally get a mayor after a gap of Eight years
- Reliance Jio unveiled an AI based Video Call Assistant (Bot) at India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2019
- Jagan Becoming Headache To KCR
- Heavy rain likely to lash Coastal AP: IMD
- Delhi Pollution Control Committee started night patrolling to prevent dust emission
- Why Pakistan is isolated by all countries in FATF?
- Jagan Proves To Be Rightful Than Chandrababu
- IRCTC IPO subscribed nearly 112 times on back of strong demand across investor categories
- Quality of Air in Delhi is very poor
- Mobile Phones rings in Kashmir Valley after 68 days
- 10,000 HAL workers begins their Indefinite Strike
- 4 National Level Hockey Players died in car crash in MP
- PM Modi has 30 Million followers on Instagram