New Delhi sources stated that on the eve of the 70th Republic Day, President Ram Nath Kovind said "India's pluralism is its greatest strength and the 'Indian model' rests on a tripod of diversity, democracy and development". Meanwhile he also backed the 10% reservation for economically weaker sections among upper castes, saying it is "another step towards an India of Mahatma Gandhi's dreams" and the Bill was passed in both the houses earlier this month.
Furthermore Chief guest Cyril Ramaphosa will be accompanied by first lady Dr Tshepo Motsepe and a high level delegation, including nine ministers, senior officials and a 50 member business contingent, who are all on a two day India visit and this will be Mr Ramaphosa's first India tour as the head of the state. Reports added fifty-eight tribal guests from various parts of the country are also in the national capital for the celebrations.
Moreover this year also marks the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi who had a special connection with South Africa. Hence the Railways, after a gap of three years, will be showcasing its tableau that will describe the "transformation of Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi to Mahatma Gandhi". The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation said “The Delhi Metro trains will be partially restricted on Saturday as part of the security arrangements”.
Bhagwat: we have no hatred against anyone Bhagwat: we have no hatred against anyone The importance is to change the society as country with 130 crores population can’t be changed individually, we as a organisation doesn’t have hatred against anyone. Reiterating that Sangh doesn’t have any kind of animosity against anyone, he urged to change the entire society not just Hindus for betterment of the country on the whole. Mohan Bhagwat was addressing the intellectuals at Akhil Bhartiya Karyakari mandals 9-days meet at Odisha. Thi
- Newly appointed UP Congress chief meets Sonia Gandhi
- Will this visible crack make Uppal Metro Station to collapse?
- BJP serves notice to MLA over objectionable remarks on Muslims
- Triple Talaq law will be challenged by Muslim board
- Scindia should walk out of Congress urges BJP
- Forbes says Mukesh Ambani & Industrialist Gautam Adani is the Richest Indians
- Do you know Imran Khan's position in Twitter?
- Water train made its final journey from Jolarpettai to Chennai
- US Embassys Important announcement about H-1B Visa
- PM Modi asks all Indians to worship Daughters this Diwali
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray justified party's alliance with BJP
- Congress decided to boycott J&K local body elections
- October month expected to generate up to $6 billion (Rs 39,000 crore) in online sales
- Cabinet hikes DA of central government employees by 5% as Diwali Gift
- Will privatization of TSRTC would create new challenges?