New York sources stated that at
a meeting on Thursday with Republican lawmakers and his officials on the
Reciprocal Trade Act he is proposing, he listed the tariffs on several items
when they are imported into the US and exported by it to other countries as
examples of unfairness. Meanwhile he said "India,
as an example, has a 150% hard to believe tariff on whiskey. They make whiskey,
and they sell it to us. We charge them zero. We sell it to them; they charge us
150%. So I would say, other than that, it's a very fair deal. Okay?".
Furthermore he did not say if he was going to hike duty on Indian whiskey to match what India charges on US import. Reportedly he also brought up India's duty on Harley-Davidson motorcycles, one of his pet peeves that he has aired several times. Apparently Trump's remarks about India are meant for his voter base. Kentucky is the major US producer of whiskey and he carried it with over 62 percent of the votes in the 2016 elections.
Moreover Trump blamed his predecessors for the overall trade deficit of $800 billion and said "The Reciprocal Trade Act will give us the tools to solve this problem once and for all."If India dropped the tariffs on the larger motorcycles that are charged 50 percent tariff, not Harley-Davidson, but others that don't manufacture in India will benefit, contrary to Trump's expectations.
Karnataka received excessive rainfall this year According to sources in the last 24 hours, 27 districts, 142 taluks and 549 hoblis received excess rainfall, as per data compiled by the Karnataka State Natural Disaster Monitoring Centre (KSNDMC). Meanwhile at least two deaths were reported due to the excess rainfall in Koppal district.
- Did Godman Kalki fled the country, IT raids Rs.500 Crores undisclosed wealth
- Did Pakistan stop Postal Mail service between India & Pakistan?
- Two apps developed by UG students won Marconi Award
- P Chidambaram granted bail by SC in INX Media Case
- Donald Trump celebrates Diwali at White House on October 24
- Guv made remarks on Indian Army's action against terrorist camps inside POK
- Jagan Insulted by the Central Government?
- Telangana police seizes AP CM Jagan Car
- First bitter experience for Jagan as Chief Minister at Delhi!
- Reliable Survey Agency about Huzurnagar Result
- AP Farmers exchanges Vegetables for plastic bags
- AIMPLB moves to court seeking no jail term for triple Talaq
- 52 Kgs of Plastic removed from Cow's stomach in TN
- PMC bank scam claims another life in Maharashtra
- Donald Trump humiliated NASA astronauts at ISS for being "first ever female spacewalkers"