New York sources stated that at
a meeting on Thursday with Republican lawmakers and his officials on the
Reciprocal Trade Act he is proposing, he listed the tariffs on several items
when they are imported into the US and exported by it to other countries as
examples of unfairness. Meanwhile he said "India,
as an example, has a 150% hard to believe tariff on whiskey. They make whiskey,
and they sell it to us. We charge them zero. We sell it to them; they charge us
150%. So I would say, other than that, it's a very fair deal. Okay?".
Furthermore he did not say if he was going to hike duty on Indian whiskey to match what India charges on US import. Reportedly he also brought up India's duty on Harley-Davidson motorcycles, one of his pet peeves that he has aired several times. Apparently Trump's remarks about India are meant for his voter base. Kentucky is the major US producer of whiskey and he carried it with over 62 percent of the votes in the 2016 elections.
Moreover Trump blamed his predecessors for the overall trade deficit of $800 billion and said "The Reciprocal Trade Act will give us the tools to solve this problem once and for all."If India dropped the tariffs on the larger motorcycles that are charged 50 percent tariff, not Harley-Davidson, but others that don't manufacture in India will benefit, contrary to Trump's expectations.
EPS spends 15 crores on ads! Former Tamilnadu chief minister Jayalalitha had won the 2016 elections and became the CM for the second term. However within sometime after swearing in as CM her health was affected and she was admitted to Apollo and was receiving treatment for 75 days and following treatment failure, she had passed away
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!
- Student thanks minister for slipper
- BIG BREAKING - Supreme court dismisses Vedanta 's plea to reopen #Sterlite plant in Tuticorin
- Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know
- Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!